Former Athlete, Now Obese Mom

Options
I used to be very athletic. I ran, lifted weights, played sports.... Then I stopped and life happened. I'm now a 35 year old wife and mother of two fantastic kids. I'm an RN in oklahoma and I'm far from athletic or fit these days. I've got 110 lbs to lose, so here I go! Care to join me?

Replies

• frogstarthe1st
    frogstarthe1st Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Absolutely! I just turned 28, used to be extremely active until college, did soccer and swimming my entire life until I graduated high school. A mostly sedentary job turned into a sedentary life and here I am. Wish you the best of luck & see you around here.
  • momnurse311
    Options
    Thank you! Good luck to you as well!
  • MrsCindyVT
    MrsCindyVT Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Agh...same here! I was a runner. Ran a few half marathons, 5 and 10k's....and now find it almost impossible to get out to walk a mile. Where did my determination go? COME BACK!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,719 Member
    Options
    A very common story for former athletes. Back in the day when working out, chances were that you could eat anything you wanted and not gain. While the playing of sport and exercise ceased, the eating didn't. And now many face what they thought would never happen to them (I remember saying it as a kid that I'd NEVER be overweight and fat).
    One day at a time with progression is what it takes. You may never be as athletic as you once were, but you don't have to be overweight and unfit. So don't compare what you can do now, to what you used to be able to do as a gauge for success.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • urloved33
    urloved33 Posts: 3,323 Member
    Options
    TWO WORDS "body memory"
  • momnurse311
    Options
    Thanks ladies! You're very motivating and reassuring!!!