Need some meal ideas

Options
What does everyone eat for meals and snacks? I need some new healthy meal plans...breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks? Any advice would help! Running out of ideas...

Replies

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Apples and peanut butter
    Hummus and veggies
    Popcorn
    Hard boiled eggs
    Nuts
    Quest bars
    For meals, eat what you always do, only in a deficit.
  • jenklausy24
    jenklausy24 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the ideas and tips! I forgot about hummus - good stuff!
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    I often eat Greek yogurt for breakfast. Sometimes with prunes or fresh fruit. Sometimes I eat cereal, a sandwich, a granola bar or leftovers. I had leftover pasta and vegetables for breakfast today.
    Lunch is usually a sandwich or leftovers. Today I plan to have a spinach salad with chicken, hard boiled egg, tomato and ranch dressing for lunch.
    I generally have something different for dinner every day but not really "diet" food. Last night dinner was eggs, toast, and vegetables. Tonight is chili. Tomorrow is probably going to be a chicken spinach lasagna.
    I frequently have popcorn for a snack. Carrots, fruit, trail mix, cheese or a granola bar are also common snacks for me. I don't eat a lot of sweets but occasionally have chocolate, cookies, cake or ice cream.
  • AmazonMayan
    AmazonMayan Posts: 1,168 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Last night I had a 112g (4 oz) turkey patty (patty I formed and froze, not the pre-flavored ones) on a toasted whole wheat english muffin with 50g avocado, thin onion slice, lettuce, ultra thin cheddar slice (leave off if calories too much since you can't really taste it) and a tablespoon of bbq sauce. It was the best burger I've had in awhile and it fit my macros beautifully.

My current snack or meal I'm addicted to is 1 or 2 toasted corn tortillas with 45g refried beans (on each) and 20g plain yogurt (again each) Either hot sauce or fresh diced hot pepper, onion and lettuce. Every day lately lol

Eta : on the tortillas a poached or fried egg would boost the protein - I do that sometimes for breakfast
  • fellowtraveler87
    fellowtraveler87 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Keep it simple and repeatable. It makes it easier to track in MFP and make it part of your routine.

Breakfast:
    Eggs or Egg Whites

Lunch:
    Leftovers from dinner
    Salad

Dinner:

1 each of the following 3 categories

4 oz lean meat- chicken breast, pork chops, lean ground beef or turkey, lean cuts of steak, fish
    veggie- broccoli, cauliflower, asparagus, carrots, spinach
    carb- serving of wheat or veggie pasta, sweet potato, brown rice, etc

Snacks:

-protein shake
    -banana (or apple, or celery) w/ peanutbutter
    -almonds
    -tuna pouch
    -veggies w/ hummus
    -low cal popcorn
  • jenklausy24
    jenklausy24 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Wow awesome! Thank you all for the input!