Feeling hunger

Options
Been on this for 4 days anyone having hunger pangs during the day

Replies

• aphroditise
    aphroditise Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Yes! It's really hard to stay satisfied for me only eating 1400 calories. But I know that it is a normal amount. I constantly stay with negative red calories left on my daily calorie intake. It's very hard to get use to.
  • snowflakesav
    snowflakesav Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    Some hunger is going to be normal. Most dieters find it tolerable and think of it as sign they are burning fat. Over time choosing better nutrition helps a bit.
  • BoxerBrawler
    BoxerBrawler Posts: 2,032 Member
    Options
    Low calorie nutrient dense foods will help. And fiber is your friend.
  • grandma107
    grandma107 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I found the first 2 weeks difficult. I was on 1270 because I don't have too much to loose. Protein also helps. Since I lost a total of 7.4 now I'm on 1220, urgh!
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    This is normal for the first couple of weeks. I think often because we are thinking about it more. Make sure you're getting enough protein and fats and aren't over restricting yourself.
  • Geekymonkey99
    Geekymonkey99 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Obsessing over logging makes me think about food a lot more. But lately it's getting easier to recognize real hunger vs. desire. Also, I've heard a lot of times when you think you're hungry, you're just thirsty and should drink water.
  • tlynnxoxox
    Options
    I get the same thing, especially at night. I usually try to drink lots of water with and in between meals. Also, try switching up what you are eating. I look at my diary at the end of every week and see what things I could have eaten instead of what I chose. I am a sucker for cheese, but it's so high in fat and calories that I can have three times as much broccoli and be so full after, instead of having a 1/8 c of shredded cheese just for taste. It's a learning process for sure but you will get there!! Great job on making the first step :)