Alternative to potato chips

Options
124»

Replies

• nurseaim
    nurseaim Posts: 146
    Options
    kale chips, pork rinds, sweet potato chips-- all homemade of course (homemade is always better for you than packaged stuff!)

Kale chips...I've never heard of this...I must find them...sounds yummy!!!
  • corsayre8
    corsayre8 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Sunridge Farms Garden Veggie Chips are my new obsession. Salty, crispy and ohhh so yummy.
  • nurseaim
    nurseaim Posts: 146
    Options
    BUMP
  • gailygail99
    gailygail99 Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    i am sure that this has been mentioned before on this thread but i eat Casava Chips or also known as Yuca Chips. They are so good and a little sweeter than regular potato chips. I get mine from Trader Joes. (not sure if you have that store where you live though)
  • flyawaybyebye
    flyawaybyebye Posts: 250
    Options
    I love the Smart Pop 100 calorie bags of Kettle Corn - so yummy! And when I don't feel like popping my own, Trader Joe's makes 110 calorie bags of "lite" kettle corn that are pre-popped and really great, too. For a few more calories, an ounce of Terra Sweet Potato chips is yummy AND has a serving of veggies! :)
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    Salt and pepper pistacios are awesome...I also like baked lentil chips, 30 of them are 110 calories.
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,682 Member
    Options
    Baked Kettle Chips. Curncy, salty, low calorie and Delish!

http://www.kettlebrand.com/our_products/baked_chips/#/our_products/baked_chips/?pid=18
    These are THE best baked potato chips, hands down. :bigsmile:
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    I love chips too and I still eat them. I am just better with portion control and moderation. I would say if you want chips have 1 serving of chips ore even 1/2 a serving. I count out the chips in a serving and then put the bag away so that I'm not tempted to eat any more than that. I think if I wouldn't let myself have chips (or anything else I like) I would eventually break down and eat a whole bag so I think having the things I like in moderation keeps me from binging later.

Me too. I don't think it is good to deprive yourself of anything you like. You are more likely to stick to it if you just learn portion control.
    And don't go over your goals for the day.
  • Robin1117
    Robin1117 Posts: 1,768 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Bare Fruit Apple Chips. They have done it for me--I used to have a small portion of tortilla chips most days for lunch but I'm completely weaned off them because I love these apple chips. They are crunchy and the only ingredient is "apple"--so very healthy. Only 29 calories for about a 1/2 oz.........
  • lisabel87
    lisabel87 Posts: 152
    Options
    pita chips (still a lot of calories, but i <3 them!)
    pop chips
    baked lays
    snap pea crisps!! (trader joes)
  • srogers01
    srogers01 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Lay's makes a light potato chip...they are about 75 calories! I also like the Special K cracker chips!!
  • Stephanie08
    Stephanie08 Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    I've been making my own potato chips in the toaster oven. I use a Zyliss slicer on the thinnest setting. Take a white potato then slice to make about 15 slices. I spray the bottom of the pan (that came with my toaster oven) with Pam spray, lay the potatoes on the pan, spray the top of them them with more Pam and sprinkle with garlic powder and a touch of onion salt. Then I bake at 425 degrees for about 5 minutes, but I watch them very closely or they’ll burn. I don’t bother to turn them over, and they come out tasty anyway.
  • mirandamatte
    mirandamatte Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Im not crazy about special K cracker chips....just sayin
  • Sarahdangerfox
    Options
    Popcorn's a good one. I know this sounds tooootally lame, but I make kale chips and they are delish. They totally fulfill my need for something crunchy and salty, and they're ready in fifteen minutes. You just break kale leaves into chip-sized bites, spray lightly with olive oil and season as desired, then pop those suckers in the toaster for 15 minutes with a little shake. I've done BBQ flavor, which was good, but mostly I just use lemon pepper and garlic.
  • Bigfootehs
    Bigfootehs Posts: 9
    Options
    POP chips! they are amazing and come in 100 cal bags if u just want to fulfill a craving.