Breakfast advice

Options
I LOVE coffee or tea in the morning, and dunking toast with peanut butter into my hot drink.Really, it is a big pleasure in my day. But, less than 2 hours later I am starving! I am looking for a higher protein breakfast, but I really do not want a protein smoothy or eggs in the morning. Other ideas for higher protein breakfast? Or something else I can add? Because of my work schedule I eat at about 7:30 and cannot eat again until 10:45 and I am sometimes so hungry I feel almost ill.

Replies

• Cortelli
    Cortelli Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt? Some breakfast sausage / bacon / ham? Half a bagel with some cream cheese and lox?
  • jddnw
    jddnw Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Warm tortilla filled with scrambled eggs, bacon, and cheese. Yeah, I know you said you didn't want eggs, but eggs in a breakfast taco are transformed into something special where the sum is much better than the parts.
  • ka97
    ka97 Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    I'd go with greek yogurt or cottage cheese. And I'd stick with whole grain toast.
  • jennontheroad
    jennontheroad Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    sounds amazing but it is not what I want in the morning! right now my stomach is rumbling for it though... (I don't eat after 7 p.m. on a regular day)
  • LJgfg
    LJgfg Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I LOVE coffee or tea in the morning, and dunking toast with peanut butter into my hot drink.Really, it is a big pleasure in my day. But, less than 2 hours later I am starving! I am looking for a higher protein breakfast, but I really do not want a protein smoothy or eggs in the morning. Other ideas for higher protein breakfast? Or something else I can add? Because of my work schedule I eat at about 7:30 and cannot eat again until 10:45 and I am sometimes so hungry I feel almost ill.

What about subbing in hot chocolate made with skim milk in place of the coffee or tea. It's excellent for dunking toast in - esp. with peanut butter!! I simply cannot function w/o my hot chocolate (not a coffee/tea drinker).

• ironhajee
    ironhajee Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Well assuming you are not restricted by a very tight budget (and even if you are) I hear protein pancakes are pretty solid choice! Google up a recipe and lemme know how that goes!

Oatmeal and your favorite food chopped up and added to the oatmeal is sure to give you the sustained energy you need till your next snack or lunch time! I also eat alot of Turkey Bacon... its my guilty pleasure and its sooooo good!

I am learning how to eat more than just three meals a day - breakfast - a snack - lunch - a snack - dinner! Depends on the metabolism if you have a high metabolism which it sounds like you do!

Best of luck and keep up that fitness!

• alida1walsh
    alida1walsh Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    How about adding some nuts? Almonds are high in protein.
  • nyraphe88
    nyraphe88 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Bacon bacon bacon. I eat a lot of it on the weekend when I have time! Also, full fat Greek yogurt (the fatter it is the fewer carbs it has), cottage cheese, avocado (on toast since that's your thing) with tomato or perhaps more bacon? Protein shake with strawberries and almond butter? It's like a PBJ!
  • hstull82
    hstull82 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I agree with greek yogurt or cottage cheese, or nuts- all great choices. I also love Kind or Luna bars. Have you tried them? Yummy!
  • gmallan
    gmallan Posts: 2,099 Member
    Options
    Leftovers from the night before. You're not restricted to traditional breakfast type foods
  • danyell48
    danyell48 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Bulletproof coffee or fatty coffee.
    Add coconut oil and grassfed butter to coffee. It keeps u full longer and the fat helps the caffeine stay around longer so there isn't a crash after.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    I would stick to your love breakfast, double up on the toast, add maybe nuts, and cream to your coffee.

Soluble fiber options might also help breakfast stick. Maybe add fruit?

Soluble+insolubl.jpg
  • KristinaG_is_losing_it
    Options
    Also because your breakfast sounds delicious, look into getting P28 bread and bagels. I know you can purchase them online (https://www.p28foods.com/products) . I'm pretty lucky that my local grocery store (Wegmans) stocks them. The bagels are amazing toasted and they also sell P28 peanut butter too (14 grams in the pb). They are higher in calories than some people prefer but they keep me full if I eat a bagel at 7am until lunch at 1pm.