Eating disorder

Options
Katlady518
Katlady518 Posts: 1
edited April 2015 in Motivation and Support
Hello everyone, I feel like I have had just about had all I can take and I don't know where to turn...so here I am.
Background info: I joined myfitnesspal a little over a year ago and I have been counting calories every day since. I honestly do not think I missed one single day since I became a member.
My relationship with food is completely beyond screwed. All I see when I look at food is a large infinite scale of numbers. I sometimes plan my meals days or even weeks in advance and I panic when I do not know the exact caloric content of something. It makes going out to restaurants a real treat.

Replies

• danielmaznabi
    danielmaznabi Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I'd love to give my assistance any way that I can. You're not stuck forever, it's only a hill we have to find a way over. Feel free to add me and we can carefully go over in more detail, your weight, specific diets and specific exercises (:
  • becky_shrinks
    becky_shrinks Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hey I recovered from anorexia and bulimia and know what it's like to have an encyclopaedic knowledge of calories it sucks to obsess every day over this stuff, I really think you should see a psycholigist or a dietician ( my dietician helped me soooo much more than my psycholigist in my recovery) but just make sure it's a person that you have good chemistry with. I don't think I could have recovered without there support also I found Kati Morton in YouTube a big help as well. Best of luck xo
  • kamakazeekim
    kamakazeekim Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you can use a good therapist and dietitian. Find one's that specialize in anxiety and eating disorders. It's great that you recognize that you have some issues and are willing to try to work on them! That's the first step! Good luck!