Need motivation

Options
hi guys my I need help I really want to start loosing weight but idk what's wrong with me I can't stop eating HELP!!!!!'

Replies

• baillywagner
    baillywagner Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat. I've been on MFP for a little over a week and I'm already slipping. Don't be too hard on yourself and hang in there. You are doing the right thing by asking for help. People on here are SO supportive!
  • nbuon45
    nbuon45 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Start off with six small meals. You can do this. Make sure what you are eating is higher in fiber. It will help you to feel full. Drinks lots of water too

• nbuon45
    nbuon45 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Fyi...i started monday. Im on 1200 calories a day. I weigh 215 and i want to lose 50 pounds. I have lost 3 pounds so far. Exercise is key. If i can do it...anyone can
  • PseudoNinja
    PseudoNinja Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    its not about how much you eat, it is about what you eat. Stop buying convenience food. What I mean by that is stay out the gas station snacks, the drive throughs, the inside isle of the grocery store. Spend more time at the farmers markets to figure out what is in season and get some healthy fresh air.

Processed foods are your enemy.

I have heard people argue they can't cook so this isn't an option. That is a cop out. Spend this time learning to cook when you realize that you can have a better meal for the fraction of the cost restaurants are a lot easier to avoid.

Make a meal plan Sunday morning, that afternoon go and buy only what is on your list. STICK TO THE MEAL PLAN.

Drink lots of water. I am a grazer and a stress eater so I know the struggle. I combat that by always carrying around a jug of water. Everytime I leave my desk I fill it up.

You and I have collected a debt of the years. We have abused our bodies and now we are left with this "bill" (overweight) that we need to pay off. Its going to be hard, but paying debts are not easy for a reason. If you find yourself slipping remind yourself that you are stealing from the healthy happy you.

Good luck, we are rooting for you.
  • talotisqaad
    talotisqaad Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey, what is working for me is that, when I go over my calorie allowance, I go for a walk and burn the calories that I have consumed. If food gives me pleasure then exercise is its worst adversary. So do not fret over eating, just burn the difference, I usually just go for a long walk or work out on a treadmill. Add me we can motivate each other.
  • PaytraB
    PaytraB Posts: 2,360 Member
    Options
    First, make sure that your weight loss goal is not too aggressive. Start by setting a goal to lose 1 lb/week and no more. See how this works for you & your hunger. Many people start out with a too aggressive goal and cannot stick with it. It's better to lose slow and steady and be able to maintain your goals.

When you exercise, log that and eat back 50-75% of those calories as well as your usual daily calories. For example, if you're daily calorie limit is 1500 and you add 250 exercise calories for that day, you eat between 1625-1687 calories that day.

Processed food is not your enemy. It won't help you in fighting your hunger but it is not the enemy. Processed food is usually high in calories and, therefore, you can eat less bulk in a day. This will tend to keep you hungry. Try to balance a higher calorie food with lots of veggies. For example, when having a high-calorie casserole for dinner, weigh a smaller portion for yourself and add 2 cups of steamed veggies to your plate. Lots of food to eat, fewer calories.

Weight and measure everything. Weighing is especially eye-opening in terms of learning what a "portion" is.

Log everything. Even if what you log puts you over your daily limit, log it. Then look over your diary and see where changes can be made to keep you healthy and on-track.

You can do this. Keep focused and committed.
  • spicone1
    spicone1 Posts: 2
    Options
    Cut carbs (processed) and sugar. It is addicting and makes you crave more carbs and sugar. Losing weigh is 80% food and 20% exercise.
  • irisheyes637
    irisheyes637 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Question....I eat almost every morning 2 scrambled eggs wrapped with a flour tortilla. Im wondering how bad tortillas are for diets? Would I be better off taking the time to make oatmeal?
  • phyllis731
    phyllis731 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I recommend getting in touch with why you want to lose weight in the first place. Tie into a specific goal you'd like to hit and go from there.