Greetings (Season and Otherwise)

yde888
yde888 Posts: 3 Member
edited September 22 in Introduce Yourself
Hi. I just wanted to introduce myself to the people using this wonderful site.

As a kid I was one of those folks who could eat anything and remain skinny. Somewhere about 25 or 30 that went away and food decided it liked me and wanted to stick around. In my mind I was still 25 though (still am).

I've always exercised pretty vigorously but it didn't seem to help with the weight (it's great for everything else, though).

A few months ago I saw my brother, who has always been a little heavy and was not blessed with the same youthful metabolism I had. He had lost a great deal of weight. He said he did it by tracking everything he ate with an iPhone app.

Not being an iPhone person (Android, myself) I started trolling for web based weight tracking sites and came across this one (and others, but this seemed the best to me). I started tracking my diet and exercise and, much to my surprise, the weight started to come off.

Of course, I'm not perfect. Sometimes I forget to make an entry and yesterday I had a forbidden (but delicious) Panera chocolate brownie.

But I've been very happy (and surprised) with the results.

Best regards to all.

Replies

• mem50
    mem50 Posts: 1,384 Member
    Hi back at ya! I was the same way till I hit the same age. 28 was my magic number:wink: I was and am like you. I am 50 but my mind/attitude says I'm still early 20's. I have noticed my body lagging behind sometimes though:bigsmile:

None of us are perfect. I had the "naughty" dinner yesterday. Portion control is my biggest help.

All my best back at ya!
  • yde888
    yde888 Posts: 3 Member
    It is 5 months later. Some day I'll learn to check my messages!

Thanks for your thoughts - I hope you are meeting your weight loss goals.

I see you are from Michigan. I'm kind of partial to that state; I went to school in Ann Arbor and also worked there for a few years teaching "problem" high school kids.
This discussion has been closed.