New to MFP. Looking for friends.

Options
Hi I'm new to MFP. Am looking to lose 25lbs and keep it off in a healthy way! This app is a great way to stay on track but support from friends and family in making smart lifestyle changes is also a key to success. What do you think and how do you get that support?

Replies

• Chilena69
    Chilena69 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Howdy from the Lone Star State! I'm so glad you chose to join MFP. I've been using this app for 4 weeks now, and I've lost 12 lbs.! My initial goal was to lose 15 lbs, and now I'm going to revise that to 20 lbs. I, too have been trying to make a healthy lifestyle change in regard to food. I am trying to eat whole foods (nothing processed), lots of veggies (I joined a farm to work program), taking a probiotic every day, and not eating any artificial sweetener or margarine which wreaks havoc in your gut. I'm happy to support your goals using MFP. I need help with my exercise goals. I have little time for it since I work full time and am a wife and mother.
  • Chilena69
    Chilena69 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Im also having a hard time finding support from my family. They don't like the idea of eating healthier since it means more veggies and less meat, fewer noodles and chicken nuggets, and even fewer desserts. I feel like I'm doing this thing alone because they can't relate.