want to build muscle get tone without losing weight

Options
My goal is to get nice and tone, build some muscle on thighs and a nice round butt. Maintaining my weight how I do it? Im 5.2 weight 128 and if I eat healthy (1800-2000) per day I lose 1 or 2 lbs per week, I work out 4-5 times a week for 1 1/2 hours I do like 45 minutes to one hour of cardio (running/stairmaster) and 30 to one hours of strength training. What should I change?

Replies

• AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    Cut down the cardio, lift heavy (especially squats and deadlifts), get enough protein and rest
  • SR_86
    SR_86 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    You sound like me, I have been doing a recomp since January. Find your maintenance - eat those calories and lift heavy weights 3x a week. It is working for me! I have lost a few pounds while figuring out maintenance calories but it takes a few weeks to find that sweet spot, good luck!
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    The easiest way to stop losing weight while eating the same is to cut down on the cardio. Exchange 3 sessions each week for weight lifting. Find a good weightlifting program which has you progressively adding weights over time (check out New Rules of Lifting for Women or Strong Lifts 5x5) and stick with it.
  • FariasMomOf3
    FariasMomOf3 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Thanks a lot for answering my ? :) looks like I have to lift heavy weights :#
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    Pretty much what others have said; eat lots of protein and lift weights. That gives your body the fuel and the reason to build muscle. At first it's pretty hard but before long it becomes really satisfying. :D
  • SR_86
    SR_86 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Oh and once you start lifting weights you will be addicted!! :smiley: x
  • FariasMomOf3
    FariasMomOf3 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Thanks I will eat more protein because I dont really it protein, and of course lift weights