Need Help

Options
Can't fiquire out what I am doing wrong. I am eating right exercising but still am not loosing weight. I am getting so frustrated. I dont understand how one day I weigh and I have lost 3lbs but the nest day I gained it back and am back to the same weight. Have checked the scale and it is correct no errors with it. How can you loose weight one day and gain it back the next and yo yo on through the week

Seems the more I try I still loose nothing

Replies

• talysshade
    talysshade Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    it's tough to answer if we can't see your diary.. if you let us see we can help better.
  • Soon_to_be_Rigby
    Options
    I am no genius and I don't claim to really know what I am talking about when it comes to fitness, but here are a few suggestions.

I would weigh myself in the morning, without any clothes so they don't change your weight.
    I would only weigh in once a week, so you don't get obsessed with the scale.
    I would drink a ton of water, and increase your vitamin intake
    I would eat small portions several times a day
    And lastly I would remain calm, give yourself some credit for even being motivated to loose weight, and have confidence in yourself!

Give yourself some time, don't rush weight loss cause it will come back with a vengeance. Good luck to you, I wish you the best!!
  • jenfunfur
    jenfunfur Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Firstly your body weight fluctuates +/- 2lb during the day, so you need to make sure you weigh at the same time of day. Secondly are you wearing clothes when weighing, even a t-shirt could add 1lb. I always weigh as soon as i wake before eating or drinking, with no clothes.
    Another thing could be water weight, if you have a high sodium day you might find that you weigh more the next day due to fluid retention. Try reducing your sodium & drinking plenty of water no diet sodas etc, just water & herbal teas. Good luck with the weight loss x
  • mommacool
    mommacool Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Agree on the diary! It woudl help to help you if it was viewable.

Maybe you need to lower your daily calories a little, as long as that does not put you too low. Lots of fresh fruits and veggies and lots of fluids, water especially. Stay away from processed food with lots of sodium. And exercise helps, even a short walk.

Add me if you'd like a supportive friend!
  • jenfunfur
    jenfunfur Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Firstly your body weight fluctuates +/- 2lb during the day, so you need to make sure you weigh at the same time of day. Secondly are you wearing clothes when weighing, even a t-shirt could add 1lb. I always weigh as soon as i wake before eating or drinking, with no clothes.
    Another thing could be water weight, if you have a high sodium day you might find that you weigh more the next day due to fluid retention. Try reducing your sodium & drinking plenty of water no diet sodas etc, just water & herbal teas. Good luck with the weight loss x
  • Dreawolf
    Dreawolf Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Are you drinking enough water? You need at least half your body weight on ounces of water everyday to flush everything out. :drinker:
    It's also best just to weigh yourself only once a week because you can weigh different on different times of the day.
  • Pam37841
    Pam37841 Posts: 286
    Options
    The best advice I can start with is STAY OFF THAT SCALE.
    Try to only weigh in once a week.
    Do you measure? It is a much better way to analyze your results. In the last month I have only lost 10 pounds but I have lost 25 inches!
    Don't weigh in if you have had a lot of soda or salty food intake the day before as they make you retain water.
    Hope this helps.
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    Daily fluctuations are very common. Perhaps you shouldn't weigh every day, if it's only going to discourage you. And if I've learned nothing else, some weeks, even though you're doing everything right, the scale won't budge. Whatever you do, don't give up. And drink plenty of water!!!
  • Pam37841
    Pam37841 Posts: 286
    Options
    Wow! Half our body weight? I totally did not know that! THANKS!
  • Ervie317
    Ervie317 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I am no genius and I don't claim to really know what I am talking about when it comes to fitness, but here are a few suggestions.

I would weigh myself in the morning, without any clothes so they don't change your weight.
    I would only weigh in once a week, so you don't get obsessed with the scale.
    I would drink a ton of water, and increase your vitamin intake
    I would eat small portions several times a day
    And lastly I would remain calm, give yourself some credit for even being motivated to loose weight, and have confidence in yourself!

Give yourself some time, don't rush weight loss cause it will come back with a vengeance. Good luck to you, I wish you the best!!

I totally agree with all of this! Keep up with your diet and exercise and the weight should come off eventually. Good luck and hang in there!!
  • handsmcgee82
    handsmcgee82 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Yea, LOTS of water is great. A recent article stated that if you drink suggested amount of water daily (1/2 your body weight in ounces) it will increase your metabolism, an added bonus is if you drink that water cold your body will burn up to 5 lbs per year just heating the water up to body temp. I also agree it is less stressful to weigh yourself less often, pick one day and time a week. Also make sure you are wearing the exact same thing, easiest way is wear nothing. Then you will feel great even if you just lost 1 or 2 pounds!

Best of luck to everyone!!
  • pamwilli14
    pamwilli14 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I opened my diary please help
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    HI!I would suggest more veg and fruits.Drink your water quoto.Watch the processed food.
    Weigh yourself 1st thing in the am.Just keep at it.
    Jane
  • pamwilli14
    pamwilli14 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Is walking for an hour better than other exercises. What is the best exercises to do? I currently switch between Curves Zumba WII Fit and Walking
  • soshotout
    soshotout Posts: 115
    Options
    Is there a way to eat more often at home instead of all the fast food you usually eat? I see a lot of fast food in your diary. Previously I lost a LOT of weight just by preparing my own meals and snacks instead of eating out.
    Also, increasing your water intake would probably help.
    All in all, don't be too hard on yourself. This is a learning experience and just keep at it one day at a time. You will find what works for you!