Fitness Trackers

Options
Hello all, what fitness trackers are you using if any? I used the Charge HR but it irritated my skin so I'm looking for another.

Thanks!

Replies

• ddixon503
    ddixon503 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I use a Surge with no irritation so I won't be much help. Sorry.
  • OhioGuy37
    OhioGuy37 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I appreciate it
  • Galvin87
    Galvin87 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I currently have a JawBone UP24. I have been lucky that it hasn't irritated my skin. All in all I really like my fitness bracelet, but I am having difficulty synching it with MFP.
  • OhioGuy37
    Options
    I had trouble with the Charge Hr too. I got mine to work but my wife's was a real pain
  • Meggers003
    Meggers003 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I currently have a Nike fuelband- I've had it for a while now and the button on the band has stopped responding. I'm planning on getting a Garmin vivosmart- a bit pricer compared to some other options but I think of it as an investment :wink:
  • Sauchie
    Sauchie Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I love my vivofit. Looking at upgrading as a reward to the vivosmart this summer,
  • brisingr86
    brisingr86 Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    Vivofit with HRM for me and like it so far (had it since Christmas).
  • dawn_noelle29
    dawn_noelle29 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Garmin VivoSmart - I got the HRM with it - comfortable to wear, you get your texts through it, you can skip/play music on it, steps, goals, timer, and HR all read on it. I love it. I did a lot of research and although it's about $200, it's definitely worth it.
  • OhioGuy37
    Options
    Dawn was it easy to set up with my fitness pal?
  • dawn_noelle29
    Options
    @OhioGuy37 Yes, Garmin Connect syncs with MFP and on the Garmin connect app you can your steps, your calories, your sleep pattern throughout the night, and other random things. I definitely recommend the VivoSmart.
  • dawn_noelle29
    Options
    and @OhioGuy37 your friends will think you're super techy when you start receiving texts through your band.
  • MYhealthyjourney70
    MYhealthyjourney70 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    i use the fitbit flex and love it
  • OhioGuy37
    Options
    @dawn_noelle29 Thanks I appreciate it, I think I may pick one up this weekend. Fitbit is giving me a full refund on the Charge HR since it irritated my skin
  • dawn_noelle29
    Options
    @OhioGuy37 I have had zero irritation from wearing my band - and I wear it 24/7 until it needs to be charged which is about every 6-7 days. I did a lot of research on this because I didn't want an overpriced pedometer. The only thing the VivoSmart doesn't have is GPS.
  • OhioGuy37
    Options
    @dawn_noelle29 That's good, It also looks like it's not as wide as the Charge HR which is good since I like to wear a watch at the same time. I think I'm sold
  • dawn_noelle29
    Options
    @OhioGuy37 I'm glad I could be of assistance! I hope you like your VivoSmart!!
  • OhioGuy37
    Options
    Thanks!
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,943 Member
    Options
    Mio Fuse or Tom Tom Cardio are the two closest to what the Charge HR was trying to do. Garmin's line requires a strap HRM to monitor your heart rate.
  • vfxgordon
    vfxgordon Posts: 7 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Whoa! The VivoActive looks pretty cool too. And of course, if it looks cool, it must be. I'm a sucker for gadgets. Checking this out for sure.
    I have a Vivoactive, it's still a little rough around the edges right now, there's a persistent sync issue that people are experiencing where it stops talking to your phone and starts chewing through the battery.

Depending on your tolerance for bugs, you may want to wait until they figure that out. I have a Vivosmart as well and as a straightforward activity tracker, it's brilliant, it's just the lack of GPS that lets it down.