The healthiest alcohol? the ultimate oxymoron!! l

Options
What's everyone's favorite low cal beverage? After a day like today I could use a few drinks but I don't want to sabotage my diet.

Replies

• _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    Water.

tumblr_mn2gq8Esep1r2zyogo1_400.gif

Just kidding. Coffee. After that stuff that wouldn't be considered low calorie. A good beer is at least 165 calories.
  • JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,197 MFP Moderator
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Gin and tonic with a splash of lime. Yum!

1 ounce gin - 70(ish) calories
    4 ounces tonic (the kind I use) - 45 calories.
  • tatinav
    tatinav Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Straight liquor, though not so tasty, is healthiest if served neat (alone and meant to be sipped) or on the rocks (with a little ice). That means vodka, gin, whiskey, and scotch are all fair game. It's the clearer types of alcohol, however, that go easier on the body. They also go easier on calories.
    Cheers. ..
  • brynnsmom
    brynnsmom Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    We make vodka drinks with diet Ocean Spray (5 cals/serving) and Fresca (no cals and I like a little fizz). So practically 0 calories in the mixers.
  • ChrisM8971
    ChrisM8971 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    Whiskey with a drop of water
  • dawn_noelle29
    dawn_noelle29 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I usually choose a flavored vodka and soda water
  • TristaD611
    TristaD611 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I like a clear liquor or vodka with my favorite flavors of 0 cal Lifewater or diet soda or coke zero. But alcohol is 7 cals per gram, so not low cal in itself.
  • Mussronkey
    Mussronkey Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    White rum over the rocks with fresh lime was my go to. Now H2O only. Drinking would undo all the weeks worth of work.
  • Altagracia220
    Altagracia220 Posts: 876 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    The 'healthiest' I can think of, without having to drink straight liquor, is a vodka and club soda. I like to add 3 lemon wedges so it doesn't taste strong and has flavour. I believe depending on who's making your drinking, it should add up to 80-100 calories.

God I miss binge drinking
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    I mostly drink wine. It seems the most "worth it" to me because it tastes awesome to me, has antioxidants, and I like the warm mellow feeling it gives.
  • Mrsallen6_11
    Mrsallen6_11 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    I mostly drink wine. It seems the most "worth it" to me because it tastes awesome to me, has antioxidants, and I like the warm mellow feeling it gives.

Wine is my go to as well.
  • meganjcallaghan
    meganjcallaghan Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    I like a nice "shandy" which is half beer, half gingerale (or sprite....some clear beverage). I don't like molson but they do have a 67 calorie beer and when you mix it with a diet gingerale you're sitting at just under 35 calories for a very light alcoholic beverage and the gingerale takes care of any less than awesome taste a particular brand might have
  • Alidecker
    Alidecker Posts: 1,262 Member
    Options
    Vodka with Club Soda and a lime. Club soda is 0 calories! Flavored vodka if you want a different taste.
  • CandyMonster160
    CandyMonster160 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Flavoured vodka (usually raspberry or grape) + water + squeeze of lime. I could definitely go for a couple of those right now!
  • Sydneyv13
    Sydneyv13 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    My go to is Diet Coke and Bacardi or any white rum. It's pretty damn good with a squeeze of lime and not a total diet killer. I'll be having a couple tomorrow night :smiley:
  • djprice_69
    djprice_69 Posts: 115 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    davis_em wrote: »
    Gin and tonic with a splash of lime. Yum!

1 ounce gin - 70(ish) calories
    4 ounces tonic (the kind I use) - 45 calories.

^ Exactly what he said.

I also enjoy a good single malt scotch, neat. Right now I'm very slowly working my way through a Glenfiddich 12, coupled with a nice cigar. I only get to do this a few times a year, but boy is it great when I can!
  • Sydneyv13
    Sydneyv13 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    One Bacardi and Diet Coke has 66 calories per Google search
  • missnolder890
    missnolder890 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    My go to usually is shots of Jack Daniels with ice water in between shots. Or just Michelobe Ultra. I like white wines but I can drink enough to destroy a month of my diet lol. I wanna let my hair down and not feel horrible about it in the morning.
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    1-2oz of Vodka mixed with Diet Cranberry juice.