Feeling hungry

Options
im very hungry today and also very tired i ate like all my calories before 1pm and then went over my calories at 6pm by like 800 ? Any tips / advice on how to stay below calorie intake

Replies

• cassorino
    cassorino Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Eat lean fats and higher protein. Also eat more fiber they all keep you full longer. If your getting your calories from junk, or low protein foods you won't stay full as long, and you won't have the energy you need throughout the day.
  • BWBTrish
    BWBTrish Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    If that is a current photo of you than your pretty skinny already and i would advice just eat.
  • Laurend224
    Laurend224 Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    Spread your calories out more, drink plenty of water, or tea, or coffee. Find something to do other than eating. Paint your nails, brush your teeth, clean the bathroom, go for a walk.... knit?

Sometimes you have a bad day, it's ok, just get back at it tomorrow.
  • deathninja82
    deathninja82 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Protein's always been good for getting me through, but on a bad day it's sometimes worth just going with what works, target be damned (depression/MHI here, so I just apply the same logic).
  • Feeneym20
    Feeneym20 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Thanks all very helpfull suggestions I will start doing it , I might look skinny in the pic but that's no reason not to improve and I'm actually not skinny at all I'm kind of chubby
  • BWBTrish
    BWBTrish Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    how much calories per day do you eat? Noticed that you diary isnt open.
    If you want any advice you should open your diary so people can help you.
  • sfkn123
    sfkn123 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Don't mistaken thirst for hunger. You might just be thirsty.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I'm starving today too. I don't suggest it to everyone but I'm going to eat over my deficit today. I'm in no rush.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Options
    What is your caloric allowance?
  • castelluzzo99
    castelluzzo99 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I plan my meals the day before, or before breakfast at the latest. I plan about how many calories per meal and work out whatever is on the menu (I make a menu plan to save money and sanity) ahead of time. Then I take my portion and eat it. I eat two larger meals, but I know a lady here who was eating 1000 calories a day, and she did the same thing, only with smaller meals and snacks.

I don't know what your calorie budget is, but the Happy Herbivore meals are easy to make and really tasty. The meal plans you can buy every week have a 1,200 calorie plan, and if you aren't vegetarian, add some cheese or meat to some meals to bring you up to whatever your calorie budget is (assuming that you, like most people here, need more than 1,200 calories). By eating low fat, you are able to get more bulk, and fiber will help you feel full longer. When I use those recipes and plan my meals well, I lose weight and feel great.