Does this seem safe?

Options
kelsey054
kelsey054 Posts: 110 Member
I was watching a video on Youtube, and in the video the woman said, "when you think you are hungry, just drink water then your hungry crave will simply go away." Do you believe this is effective in weight loss?

Replies

• cazzincali
    cazzincali Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    They say that sometimes, we mistake hunger for thirst. So will your hunger ALWAYS go away when you drink water? NO. Sometimes you really ARE hungry!
  • dxing
    dxing Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    They say that sometimes, we mistake hunger for thirst. So will your hunger ALWAYS go away when you drink water? NO. Sometimes you really ARE hungry!

Agreed.
  • warmachinejt
    warmachinejt Posts: 2,167 Member
    Options
    You should try and eat 4-6 times a day. That way, you won't be hungry. Space the meals out every 2 to 3 hours.
  • lesliefoste
    lesliefoste Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Yah, I agree. Sometimes you're really hungry. If you drink a big glass of water and 30 minutes later, still feel hungry, I'd eat something. But it doesn't hurt to try; certainly not dangerous.
  • registers
    registers Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    This is one of those things that depends. I have been on this warrior diet eating plan. You pretty much don't eat anything all day, untill night time. If anyone reads this and wants to criticize this, please go read my blog about diet. THe author of the book says "stop eating when you're more thrist than hungry"

SO in your situation i'd drink water first, and if i still feel hungry i'd go eat something
  • jenniferg83
    jenniferg83 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I agree with the guy who said eat 4-6 meals a day. and add plenty of water. then you dont have to wonder
  • kgs0201
    kgs0201 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I think that drinking enough water a day is one of the easiest things to do to help you lose weight. You should be drinking 8 glasses of water a day... are you? If you aren't, chances are sometimes when you think you're hungry you are actually thirsty.. Also while eating multiple meals a day may work for some people, I just don't find it realistic for me. My lifestyle doesn't really allow it and honestly I'd rather just eat three times a day...

Just try to get 8 glasses of water a day - don't "skip" eating. You should be eating the daily recommended calories a day.
  • lisabel87
    lisabel87 Posts: 152
    Options
    water fills you up temporarily! drink at least 3 or 4 16 fl oz a day and eat lots of small meals
  • mattiexox
    mattiexox Posts: 42
    Options
    I was watching a video on Youtube, and in the video the woman said, "when you think you are hungry, just drink water then your hungry crave will simply go away." Do you believe this is effective in weight loss?

I think it's okay when you're going to snack unnecessarily or something, but if you are ACTUALLY hungry it's always best to eat something! :)