not losing weight

I have increased by exercise by the number of days and time and still stay at or less than the daily calories allowed and I am not losing weight, if anything I have put on weight. why?

Replies

• kickingpounds
    kickingpounds Posts: 42 Member
    Im not a pro at this, but I have noticed if I dont drink enough water the scale doesnt show any progress. Hows your water intake?
  • Laurend224
    Laurend224 Posts: 1,748 Member
    If you have upped your excercise, you could be hanging on to some water weight, that happens. How much weight, and over how long a period have you been gaining? It could also be a normal fluctuation.
  • cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    Height?
    Weight?
    Goal?
    Calorie intake?
    Timeframe?
    Weighing food using a food scale?
    Measuring liquids?
    Logging accurately?
    Eating back exercise calories?

Can you open your diary?
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    What is your weight/height?

How do you track your intake? Are you using a food scale? Measuring your liquids? Are you selecting the correct data base entries and verifying them through an independent website like USDA or nutritiondata.self.com?

Are you eating back your exercise calories? What are you using to estimate your calorie burns?

How long have you been stalled?

Can you open your diary?
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Am sure someone will come along and sort you out, but its normally because you are eating more than you think and burning less.

It might just be water retention.

You will need to provide people with information if you wnat anything other than a generic answer. Off the tip of my head they might find useful

target weight
    height
    Calorie allowance/ how much a week are you set to lose?
    Are you weighing your food using a scale ?
    How are you measuring burns(MFP, hrm, machine) and are you eating those calories back? if so what % of eatback?

Please open your diary as well.

• SergeantSausage
    SergeantSausage Posts: 1,673 Member
    There is, and always will be, one-and-only-one answer to this question: You're eating too much.

This is not Rocket Surgery, folks.

You're eating too much.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 14,132 Member
    edited April 2015
    Does one perform surgery on a rocket with or without anesthesia?
  • Camo_xxx
    Camo_xxx Posts: 1,082 Member
    Seriously folks, Even if the OP gave you every stat under the sun the answer is going to be the same.

You don't need to see the dairy because regardless of what is in it you have no clue if it is accurate.
    Her weight doesn't matter one lick as it is simply a variable , the formula stays the same.
    Height ? Why so you can see if she is tall enough to reach the top shelf where they keep the cookies ?
    Age ? Really ? You gonna send her to her room if she is naughty ?

The OP is asking WHY she gained weight, she is not asking anybody to take her medical stats and run calorie consumption or burn formulas
    For her. So instead of trying to do the paper work for her perhaps teach her what the formula is ? And why it works.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    With out any more info.... The usual answer would be you're eating too much
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,562 Member
    Camo_xxx wrote: »
    Seriously folks, Even if the OP gave you every stat under the sun the answer is going to be the same.

You don't need to see the dairy because regardless of what is in it you have no clue if it is accurate.
    Her weight doesn't matter one lick as it is simply a variable , the formula stays the same.
    Height ? Why so you can see if she is tall enough to reach the top shelf where they keep the cookies ?

The OP is asking WHY she gained weight, she is not asking anybody to take her medical stats and run calorie consumption or burn formulas
    For her. So instead of trying to do the paper work for her perhaps teach her what the formula is ? And why it works.

A lot of people come in here who are already at/near the bottom of the healthy BMI range and want to lose more to possibly take them underweight, so height/weight are important factors. Add in age and we can calculate BMR/TDEE numbers (or, if the person is underage, which the OP is not, we can direct them to a place they can get assistance).
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Can you open your diary and provide your stats?
  • Camo_xxx
    malibu927 wrote: »

A lot of people come in here who are already at/near the bottom of the healthy BMI range and want to lose more to possibly take them underweight, so height/weight are important factors. Add in age and we can calculate BMR/TDEE numbers (or, if the person is underage, which the OP is not, we can direct them to a place they can get assistance).

So you are the BMI enforcement brigade. Got it .
  • macgurlnet
    macgurlnet Posts: 1,946 Member
    So

So you're saying you're AOK with helping people get to an unhealthy weight, then?

If that's how you wanna roll then fine. I'm with everyone else - I want stats so I can feel comfortable giving advice (or not).

~Lyssa
  • Camo_xxx
    macgurlnet wrote: »
    So

So you're saying you're AOK with helping people get to an unhealthy weight, then?

If that's how you wanna roll then fine. I'm with everyone else - I want stats so I can feel comfortable giving advice (or not).

~Lyssa

I am A-ok educating people on how the body works. What they choose to do with the information is entirely their business.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    So

~Lyssa

I am A-ok educating people on how the body works. What they choose to do with the information is entirely their business.

That's fair enough :smile:

I've got my own real life kids to mother...

• Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    So

The OP is underweight?

I missed that post....
  • Camo_xxx
    Mr_Knight wrote: »
    So

The OP is underweight?

I missed that post....

I took it as her wanting to qualify their need to know before she is going to tell them what to do.
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    edited April 2015
    Mr_Knight wrote: »
    So

The OP is underweight?

I missed that post....

I took it as her wanting to qualify their need to know before she is going to tell them what to do.

Well that would be a bit ridiculous. Whatever the OP's situation, the answer is the same - eat more than you burn, weight goes up, burn more than you eat, weight goes down.

Ultimately, OP has to make their own choices, just like the rest of us.