Has anyone done T25?

Options
I've gained about 13 lbs in the past year and a half due to changes in work and lack of consistent exercise. I'm 5'6 and After being around 120 lbs for about 9 years I started to put on this weight after my wedding in October 2013. I'm feeling really uncomfortable in my own skin and need to get back on track and feel good about myself. I eat healthy so diet isn't the issue. I started a new job about 6 months ago and my hours are crazy late so it's hard to get to the gym. I recently ordered T25 and am hoping it will help me get back into an exercise routine and shed the extra weight. I was hoping to hear from anyone who's done it/is doing it. Have you been successful in losing weight and putting on muscle? What has your experience been like? Thanks so much for your help!

Replies

• nikkib0103
    nikkib0103 Posts: 968 Member
    Options
    I have tried it. It is a heck of a good workout. Because I have knee issues I am only doing the Cardio, Speed and Lower Body Focus (all Alpha level) at this point and I heavily modify. I will tell you that even with following the modifier I feel I am getting a good workout and feel good after. The time really goes by quickly and Shaun T is a very good instructor/motivator. I intend to eventually do the whole program. I think it is very good and if you don't have any significant issues, such as knees or back problems, you will probably do very well and get satisfying results. I would suggest that you watch each routine first before you do the workout. It moves quickly from exercise to exercise and it's helpful to have an idea of what you will be doing and in what general order. At least I found it helpful. I have been losing weight more consistently since I started using this, even when I don't necessarily do it for 5 days a week even though it's my goal to do so. I am a real fitness beginner and I am not the most coordinated person but even I am seeing actual improvement in my fitness level. I wish you luck and hope you will enjoy it and see the results you want.
  • ratclma
    ratclma Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I started T25 after Xmas and have lost about 18 lbs, most of which came off in alpha and beta phases. Just finished gamma and I'm now more focused on maintaining my weight and improving strength as most of gamma is using dumbbells. Myfitnesspal was great in keeping me on target and Shaun T just keeps you going. I find getting up early and doing T25 sets me up for the day ahead.
  • Fya2014
    Fya2014 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    ratclma wrote: »
    I started T25 after Xmas and have lost about 18 lbs, most of which came off in alpha and beta phases. Just finished gamma and I'm now more focused on maintaining my weight and improving strength as most of gamma is using dumbbells. Myfitnesspal was great in keeping me on target and Shaun T just keeps you going. I find getting up early and doing T25 sets me up for the day ahead.

Thanks that post helped me a lot. I have struggled with doing insanity cause im still trying to start again with my fitness journey. I think i will get the T25 and added it to my weight and cardio im doing now. Thanks again
  • katalinax87
    katalinax87 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I am currently in my second week of gamma and really enjoying it. I have plantar fasciitis atm so currently going for runs rather than doing speed 3.0 as it flares it up something awful! I agree that the weight loss seems to be happening more in alpha and beta so but I feel I am getting much more muscle definition now. Some days I hate Shaun T but he's always forgiven the next day! Feel free to add me if you like
  • PAtinCO
    PAtinCO Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I've done one complete round and still do the Gamma workouts once or twice a week. I really enjoy Speed 3.0, probably my favorite home workout. If you're already in decent shape, the Alpha stage may lose it's challenge before you've completed the first month.

I didn't lose a ton of weight on it but I wasn't really trying. I just did it as maintenance and for general fitness last summer. It worked well for that, as my fitness level noticeably improved over the course of the three months. With eating at a deficit I'm sure it will help with weight loss too.
  • ronmacknight
    ronmacknight Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am on week five and have lost about 10 pounds...but that includes watching the calorie intake as well. It's a perfect amount of time and level for me personally. I have recommended it to others mainly for the time factor alone.
  • Rocketqueeen
    Rocketqueeen Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I love it! I'm currently in mid Beta stage and while the scale hasn't moved as much as I would have liked it to, my muscle definition is definitely starting to show. I also feel very focused and completely motivated to push myself. I LOVE Shaun T! I started because I was in the same position as you. I work crazy long hours, often times getting home at 10:00pm. There is NO WAY I would be in the mood to work out then, so the 25 minute early morning workout gets me pumped for the rest of the day. How are you doing on it?
  • Babygi6003
    Babygi6003 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I love it! I am currently almost done with week 10 (Beta) and will be starting Gamma next week. The scale hasn't moved as much as I would like but I am toning up and feeling better about myself for sure! I do it every morning before work.
  • jiigglybutt
    jiigglybutt Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    I LOVED Shaun T. My friend came to visit and she swears by his videos, and her body is HOT. He is very good and hilarious so it makes working out not even close to being a chore
  • cocobongo
    cocobongo Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I'm currently in Gamma round.

This was my results from before starting Alpha to finishing Beta:

ct3ubmpgsy0j.jpgzeaid6m8kmvq.jpg

tuez6ygz2jdc.jpg
  • tamararandall139
    Options
    I absolutely love T25 , it's very intense but it will give you results ... Good luck xox
  • justinenh
    justinenh Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I tested out the Cardio & Speed over the past two weeks but started the suggested schedule last night. So far I'm loving it & my knees have been ok. I'm really hoping to be feeling better in my skin by Summer. I have my annual physical in June so hoping my doctor will be happy with me too, lol!