Death by Starbucks!

Options
My manager is insisting on buying me something at our Starbucks cafe for helping her out so much... I've tried nicely declining, but she's insisting. I'm not a coffee drinker, or tea... I do like the vanilla bean frap, but I'd rather just not have those added calories in one beverage. HELP! lol I'm so non-confrontational, and she really wants to do this for me... even tho what I've been doing is just part of my job. Do I just go with the smallest size, non-fat milk, no whip and then run all the more this afternoon? Aw, peas! lol

Replies

• jacque1109
    jacque1109 Posts: 129
    Options
    do skinny vanilla latte (tall size) or a skinny chi latte ... I think there is around 70 cals in each.
  • Fat2FitChick
    Fat2FitChick Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Let her buy it but just don't drink it, easy as pie!
  • CassieLEO
    CassieLEO Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    My manager is insisting on buying me something at our Starbucks cafe for helping her out so much... I've tried nicely declining, but she's insisting. I'm not a coffee drinker, or tea... I do like the vanilla bean frap, but I'd rather just not have those added calories in one beverage. HELP! lol I'm so non-confrontational, and she really wants to do this for me... even tho what I've been doing is just part of my job. Do I just go with the smallest size, non-fat milk, no whip and then run all the more this afternoon? Aw, peas! lol

My FAVORITE Starbucks drink is a Venti Shaken Black Iced Tea Lemonaid with splenda! 70 Cals and its DELICIOUS!
  • Shesasummergirl
    Options
    Skinny Caramel Macchiato.only 105 calories in a Tall size (12 fl oz) :)
  • Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    They have all sorts of herbal teas and snacks from a yogurt parfait to sandwiches and many non-food items. Maybe go in and get a gift item, like an insulated travel cup?Or one of the CDs? They have a lot of non-food items.
  • wdwghettogirl
    wdwghettogirl Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    Skinny Caramel Macchiato.only 105 calories in a Tall size (12 fl oz) :)

Oooh, what's in that...besides caramel? lol I'm coffe beverage illiterate. lol
  • Shesasummergirl
    Options
    Tazo® Shaken Iced Passion Tea made “skinny” with one serving of sugar-free sweetener* – 0 calories, 0g fat, 0g sugar, 0g protein.
    Tazo® Awake™ Tea Latte made “skinny” with one serving of sugar-free sweetener* – 80 calories, 0g fat, 11g sugar (from milk), 8g protein.
  • alexbowser
    alexbowser Posts: 322
    Options
    I'd go with a tall light caramel frappuccino, and ask for it sugar free. I can't find the calories on the sugar free version but I know it's less than the regular light one. I think a tall light vanilla frappuccino would be fine too.
  • rwillard78
    rwillard78 Posts: 19
    Options
    Try the passion iced tea with no classic, add 3 splendas :P YUMMMM 0 calories.
  • Shesasummergirl
    Options
    On this lighter treat we used sugar-free vanilla syrup, freshly steamed nonfat milk, our delicious Espresso Roast, and then we top it all off with a velvety-rich foam and a buttery caramel drizzle- as per starbucks website :)
  • cjjones007
    cjjones007 Posts: 602
    Options
    I request gift cards when they offer... If I have a day where I can afford the calories - awesome, if not - I give them away...

The office thinks they've been awesome to you and you don't have to confront lol
    The gift card will cost exactly the same too... So no extra out of pocket :)

That's my suggestion anyway :)
  • sculley
    sculley Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    I do the tall mocha light frappicino no whip and a shot of sugar free hazelnut syrup...

100 Calories.
  • jsonnett02
    jsonnett02 Posts: 110
    Options
    get thelight version of vanilla bean frap in tall size...it would be 100 cals top with very low fat and sugar!!
  • jreese5226
    jreese5226 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    do skinny vanilla latte (tall size) or a skinny chi latte ... I think there is around 70 cals in each.

Both of these are yummy!
  • sm0113
    sm0113 Posts: 89 Member
    Options

the skinny chai is DELICIOUS! you could even order a tall and only drink half of it, if you can resist :)
  • getfitdiva
    getfitdiva Posts: 1,148 Member
    Options
    The hot drinks at Starbucks offer a "short" which is only 8oz - smaller than the "tall" 12oz. If you only like the vanilla bean frapp I would go for the light (skim & no whip) which is 170 cals and a mile walk on the treadmill.

You can also say I appreciate the gesture but trying to cut down on my caffeine/calories. Yikes!
  • shy_46
    shy_46 Posts: 36
    Options
    Try the Skinny Vanilla Latte
  • AngelsKisses75
    AngelsKisses75 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    I don't know what kind of person your boss is, but I think mine would understand if I said 'I'm sorry I am not a fan of coffee or tea, but I very much appreciate your offer.' If she wanted to have a sit down with me I would do so gladly, maybe with an iced water? Good luck with this! :drinker:

Oh and hey CONGRATS! It is great to be given such an honor! YAY YOU! :happy:
  • Mtsidad
    Mtsidad Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    No one should make you eat what you don't. However, my take is that they/he/she are being nice by offering the Starbucks. You can say, "Thanks so much - it's so kind. I generally don't eat/drink that stuff, so maybe we can do something else" (if they're trying to be nice/sociable) or "maybe we can put it towards a group party" (if they're just trying to reward) or even as someone said, "maybe we can just do a gift card" (but I personally would be reactive to that if I were giving something to someone).

Would I use a free something-from-Starbucks? Sure. But I'm not you. If someone offered me a treat at Carvels, I'd have to turn it down because I just don't care for ice cream. Someone offered me an Izzie pop on Friday as a "treat." I picked one, reluctantly, because they offered it, and made them feel good for offering it. I took it home and then offered it to my family. I'm not against sugared pop. It's not poison, just sugary. I just don't care for it. I truly prefer my food calories from something I really LIKE versus something someone's just giving me.
  • Cori615
    Cori615 Posts: 100
    Options
    Buy it don't drink it. Stop making your life so complicated.