Slim Fast

Options
has anyone on here use slim fast or anything to help them loose weight?
i was thinking about trying the meal bars but i only want to eat it once a day
anyone have any thoughts or info?

Replies

• driedrie83
    driedrie83 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I used Slim Fast for about 2 months, and it really works, but gets really boring after a while. Also, try the Kelloggs diet plan.
  • kimmerroze
    kimmerroze Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    It does get boring.. I use them for one meal replacement or one snack but I dont' do the diet full out. and I dont' know if you are sensitive to sugar alcohol, but quite a few of the bars have lots of sugar alcohol in them and they make me balloon up with gas in my intestines.. It is soo painful.

But if you aren't allergic to it, then they are by far my most favorite bars out there. they are great!
  • jenhenning219
    jenhenning219 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    thanks i will check it out, im not a big fan of the cereal but the special k bars are good
  • Pam37841
    Pam37841 Posts: 286
    Options
    Slimfast is Very Bad. I lost great on it but it ate up my gallbladder. Had to have surgery. If you want a replace a meal with a shake I would also recommend special K. I love the bars but they aren't really satisfying.
  • lisabel87
    lisabel87 Posts: 152
    Options
    I've never tried the slim fast diet, but I used to drink the shakes in the cans. I honestly thought they were delicious (I've only had vanilla and chocolate). I looked at the protein to sugar content and it has a lot of sugar especially for the little amount of protein in them. I'm not sure the diet would be entirely healthy. I drink the slim fast shakes every once in awhile as a treat.
  • daddeeo
    daddeeo Posts: 33
    Options
    Hello! I have used the shakes as a snack in the past and also as a breakfast and lunch replacement. I like them. They taste pretty good. I prefer them as a snack, because as a meal replacement for me they did not satisfy. I tried them with a good cereal in the morning (i.e. Kashi, etc.) and that was good. Your mileage will definitely vary. Good luck!
  • Rosaleeh81
    Rosaleeh81 Posts: 34
    Options
    i have been doing one shake a day plus a snack bar (or any 100 calorie pk snack, alot cheaper! ) i think it's helping me. I think the strawberry n french vanilla shakes are sooo good...and the snack bars are pretty yummy also! :) My husband is doing 2 shakes a day ( or the equivilant calories). It's helping him too. Good luck! :)
  • momma3sweetgirls
    momma3sweetgirls Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    I've used Slim Fast shakes and bars in the past. I was able to lose weight, but like others said, it does get boring and you can't keep doing it forever. I also found I like to chew my meals rather than drink them!
  • alexa_image
    alexa_image Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    i will definetly recommend you the Kellogs diet plan, it will be created based on you, but eating once a day, I don't think it will be the best way to loose weight.
  • dawnw30
    dawnw30 Posts: 270
    Options
    I do slimfast after I exercise in the morning and I make my own shake. I do it cause 1. It cools me down and 2. It's CHOCOLATE! LOL! It gives me my chocolate fix I need for the day : ) It makes me happy so I drink it. I hear people tell me how terrible it is etc but I love it and it's keeping me from bingeing on chocolate so what the heck! It's all about what keeps you happy and satisfied...there are alot of diet products out there and alot of critics and people who love each and everyone or hate each and every one. It's up to you to do what's right for you. Hope you find something you enjoy :happy:
  • sdirbder
    sdirbder Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    If you want a quick meal option I would consider making your own meal bars. You can adjust how much sugar you want in it and I think they taste better. I make a recipe that is loaded with fiber and nuts and I use a soy sugar free protein. It has actually saved me money.
  • widgitwoo
    widgitwoo Posts: 19
    Options
    I am currently doing the Slim Fast and its going really well for me, I've been on it for nearly 6 weeks.
    Its good if food is a bit to temping at times which is what I find so its really helped me, its also really quick to make up so is good for days when you are in a rush :)
  • jenhenning219
    Options
    i am really not a breakfast person so i was thinking about using it,i eat healthy for the most part and i cook my own food so i know what is going in it, i am doing weight watchers now but i dont like the food it is too many points and sodium is alot!
    im just trying to loose weight just to get back in my old jeans and i will maintain it from there
  • jenhenning219
    Options
    i am really not a breakfast person so i was thinking about using it,i eat healthy for the most part and i cook my own food so i know what is going in it, i am doing weight watchers now but i dont like the food it is too many points and sodium is alot!
    im just trying to loose weight just to get back in my old jeans and i will maintain it from there
  • sdirbder
    sdirbder Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Im not a breakfast person either. Thats why I liked the protein bars to start with but when I got started on this site I realized how much sugar was in them.
  • widgitwoo
    widgitwoo Posts: 19
    Options
    yeah there is more sugar in them that may you should be getting but its you are good with your snacks and your main meal I find it really works, and as someone else said the chocolate one really gets rid of your cravings, I never thought I would get past TOM whilst doing the slim fast but I managed it :) Plus if buy your own snacks and things it doesnt work out that much more expensive at all. :)