workouts that tone?

Options
What workouts will help me tone my sides and stomach?

Replies

• Walter__
    Walter__ Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Forkdowns.
  • captaininsano14
    Options
    What are they?
  • Camo_xxx
    Camo_xxx Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    Table push backs are also great
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    Yeah, ditto the above advice. Forkdowns and pushbacks are the way to go.

:drinker:
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Eat less, my dear. You can't "tone" your stomach. Your muscles have tone. When you lose fat, you'll be able to see them.
  • Camo_xxx
    Options
    What do you mean by tone ?
    Muscle does not sag, it does not lose its tone. It simply gets covered in body fat and then you jiggle instead of seeing muscle definition.
    Unfortunately you can not spot reduce fat you have to lower your entire body fat %.
    So exercises that tone..... The ones where you don't put food in your mouth, fork put downs and table push backs. It is a humorous way to say you need to be in a calorie deficit to lose fat. Oh and doing some exercise is a great way to increase your strength and cardiovascular fitness, plus you burn a few extra calories.
  • captaininsano14
    Options
    Ive been exercising and dieting, i understand that eatting less will obviously help lose weight. I was just wondering if there are certain works that focus specifically on my core. And i know muscles don't sag, im not ignorant. I just wanted to know if there were any workouts you guys use that i don't that would help me.
  • Camo_xxx
    Options
    Gottcha, so you are looking for core strength exercise, those would be different then a typical Side and stomach "tone" exercise.
  • Camo_xxx
    Options
    Fwiw I do Kettlebell workouts for core strength.
  • captaininsano14
    Options
    Alright
  • arditarose
    Options
    My compound lifts hit up the core enough for me. Maybe some captains chair leg raises once a week but that's about it.
  • captaininsano14
    Options
    Ok, thanks
  • Camo_xxx
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    My compound lifts hit up the core enough for me. Maybe some captains chair leg raises once a week but that's about it.

I like the sound of that. captains chair.... Gonna have to find out what these are and do them just because I like the name.
  • arditarose
    Options
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=bpwnud0o6-A

I think there's another name for the chair but it's always what I called it. I did not watch Anastasia do her leg lifts. Hope her form was good.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,615 Member
    Options
    I just got a new dvd for my birthday: BarreAmped Boot Camp. It is a Pilates/Ballet inspired strength workout that focuses on arms, thighs, seat(butt), and core. They have beginner and advanced modifications. I think its pretty difficult and works your muscles really well. Other ideas are free weights (hit the big 5: bench, OHP, squat, deadlift, row), body weight exercises (push-ups, lunges, glute bridges, squats, pull-ups), or some other workout like RI 30/30 Day Shred. If you are eating at a deficit, adding strength work will help your muscles to look even better as you burn the fat:)
  • JimFsfitnesspal
    JimFsfitnesspal Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Eat less, my dear. You can't "tone" your stomach. Your muscles have tone. When you lose fat, you'll be able to see them.

!00% correct
  • Camo_xxx
    Options

I think there's another name for the chair but it's always what I called it. I did not watch Anastasia do her leg lifts. Hope her form was good.

I do t know squat about that exercise but I will give her form a solid 10 ! I like the captains chair name but had I invented that fixture I would have named it the Jet Pack Ab Attack Because it looks like she is flying in one of those jet packs. Either way. Looks legit for core workout to me.
  • arditarose
    Options
    Camo_xxx wrote: »

I do t know squat about that exercise but I will give her form a solid 10 ! I like the captains chair name but had I invented that fixture I would have named it the Jet Pack Ab Attack Because it looks like she is flying in one of those jet packs. Either way. Looks legit for core workout to me.

Lol. It does kind of look like that. It is a good core workout. That being said, I think I'm going to stop doing it. I'm running into some trouble because I must not be engaging/breathing right.
  • Camo_xxx
    Options
    I. I just wanted to know if there were any workouts you guys use that i don't that would help me.

Are you willing to share yours ?