Options
trogula
trogula Posts: 18 Member
what is your fav vegan dishes?

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    Off the top of my head: baked tofu with Asian cabbage salad, chili, jerk seitan, pasta puttanesca, sauteed greens with beans, black-eye pea curry, anything Indian with potatoes, falafel, roasted brussels sprouts with garlic, black beans with salsa, risotto, steamed dumplings, sauerkraut soup, seitan sausage and vegetables, bean burritos, coconut curry, rice noodles and vegetables, chickpea "tuna" salad, roasted garlic mashed potatoes, hummus sandwiches, baked beans, peanut sauce on anything, pizza, seitan in mole sauce, butternut squash soup, fresh bread and tomato sauce, gazpacho, stuffed shells, tofu scramble, reuben sandwiches, kale and potato soup, olive tapenade, and grilled portobellos.
  • trogula
    Options
    Now I'm hungry
  • bluworld
    bluworld Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    every day for lunch I eat well seasoned lentils or beans on some leafy greens, dressed with a very liberal dose of Frank's. I love Frank's. My kids love it. That sh** does go on everything.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    bluworld wrote: »
    every day for lunch I eat well seasoned lentils or beans on some leafy greens, dressed with a very liberal dose of Frank's. I love Frank's. My kids love it. That sh** does go on everything.

Beans and greens with Frank's = heaven in a bowl.
  • Laurend224
    Laurend224 Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    Baked seitan with garlic mashed potatoes, mushroom gravy, and roasted asparagus. Its a weekly staple here.
  • kristenveganvixen
    kristenveganvixen Posts: 87 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Seitan cutlets and vegetables, spicy lentil soup, VegiDeli chorizo or pepperoni slices with a big salad, lentil dahl, veggie curries (especially coconut milk korma or satay), veggie chilli, violife or vegusto or tesco smoked "cheeses", kale chips with nutritional yeast, smoked tofu scramble, smoked tofu with anything, Viana hazelnut tofu, spicy quinoa and chickpea pilafs, nut butters, and I have a total sweet tooth so dark chocolate and most baked goods and sweets- god this thread is making me hungry! Also really naughty things (you didn't say it had to be healthy- these are Vego bars, lotus biscoff spread, peanut butter cookies, nachos with violife melted and guacamole, vegan pizza with pesto...)
  • saramatthews919
    saramatthews919 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Vegetable lasagna home made or mushrooms & rice
  • trogula
    Options
    Who says vegans don't know how to eat!
  • lddfsu
    lddfsu Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Jamaican black beans and rice with pineapple chutney!
  • trogula
    Options
    That. Sounds delicious!
  • Vixenmd1
    Vixenmd1 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    All cupcakes/ cakes from sticky fingers bakery in DC esp the flavors in the wedding cake they did fir me chocolate with hazelnut frosting and vanilla with raseberry cream ( that won cupcake wars multi times). Vegan wings from smoke and barrel ( that I make st home) and vegan tacos. Vegan tofurky It saus with sauce and cheese on a bun.
  • trogula
    Options
    Yummy
  • isalo1300
    isalo1300 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    PASTA!
    One current favorite is blending an avacado with some nutritional yeast, unsweetened almond milk, some lemon juice, salt and pepper, and just put that over some veggie noodles :)
  • dgoulbourne
    dgoulbourne Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Potato enchiladas!
  • Charliegottheruns
    Charliegottheruns Posts: 287 Member
    Options
  • trogula
    Options
    o9xypad3u3hm.jpg

Are those beets?
  • marmaladepixie
    marmaladepixie Posts: 83 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    my standard is rice with beans flavored after cooking with fresh tangerine juice, lime juice and the zest/fire roasted tomatoes, with a generous topping of caramelized and fresh pineapple w/ green chiles and cilantro and diced avocado. lots of fresh grated ginger with the pineapple
  • marmaladepixie
    edited April 2015
    Options
    not really nutritious, but has anyone tried the so delicious coconut whipped topping in the tub that came out recently? it is dangerously good. would be really good with a crustless tofu pumpkin pie, layered parfait style
  • kjac1992
    kjac1992 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I had tempeh tacos in Morro Bay a few weeks ago and fell in love. cilantro dressing, tempeh, and mounds of spinach and carrots. my mouth is watering just thinking about them.
  • marmaladepixie
    Options
    giant salad of romaine hearts with berries, toasted pecans or walnuts, avocado, dried tart cherries, eden spicy pumpkin seeds, pan seared tempeh with ginger soy sauce