Week one

Options
i am struggling to stay within calories

Replies

• _Risko_
    _Risko_ Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    It's hard. It took me 3-4 weeks of feeling like I was starving but my stomach finally agreed I was eating enough. Hang in there. You can do it!!
  • ecantino32
    ecantino32 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Thank you!!!!!
  • FoxyLifter
    FoxyLifter Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    Are you looking for advice? Or are you just venting?
  • livinmydreamsthruJesus
    Options
    I found out I was eating too little. You can go online and search TDEE calculator, and it will tell you how many calories to eat in a day. I was starving at only 1200 calories, so I used a calculator, and it said I needed 1450 for my age, height, etc. Give it a try! :)
  • ecantino32
    Options
    Both. Venting andAny advice is welcome!
  • FoxyLifter
    Options
    Concentrate on getting enough protein. MFP's recommendation is very low. Also, be sure to eat enough fats and fiber (vegetables, fruits, grains, etc). Drink plenty of water, too. Sometimes I feel hungry when I'm actually thirsty. I need way more than 8 cups a day. I usually have 14-16 cups.
  • FoxyLifter
    Options
    Opening your diary could help you get more specific advice. Goals and current stats (height, current weight, goal weight) could also help. If you have 30lbs to lose, how much would you like to lose each week on average? If your account is set to 2lbs a week, that may be too aggressive. If a calorie goal is too aggressive, muscle loss and/or binges may become an issue.
  • Chilena69
    Chilena69 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I also felt like I was really hungry for the first 2 weeks, but it does get better. I think MFP suggests exactly the calories needed to lose weight because it appears to be working. I didn't realize how much I was overeating before. Stick with it and you will see results. You can do it!
  • JenMaselli
    JenMaselli Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    _Risko_ wrote: »
    It's hard. It took me 3-4 weeks of feeling like I was starving but my stomach finally agreed I was eating enough. Hang in there. You can do it!!

Yes, this. It does get better. You'll have a few super hungry days and then get past it. You can also bump up your daily calories and lower them down more gradually. Good luck!
  • MrMike79
    MrMike79 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    It took me about a month to really get used to the lower calories.
    Just keep at it. You can do it.
  • ecantino32
    Options
    Thank you! It's only been a week so maybe it is just an adjustment
  • ecantino32
    Options
    Great advice Foxy!
  • K4Kapil
    K4Kapil Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Just focus on the aim you have in mind. Success is never easy. If achieved easily then its not what you really wanted. So get yourself through tough times and when you feel you had really tough time then the aim is somewhat near.