Workout Ideas

Options
Hey everyone. So I have a routine of going to the gym 1x per week for an hour And using the eelliptical and treadmill. Not seeing any results though. Thinking I should try interval training on some gym equipment with weights. Any ideas? How do you exercise? For how long per day? How many days a week? Thank you all.

Replies

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,203 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    You are going to the gym once a week for one hour?

Is that all the exercise you're getting? Do you have any exercise goals?

You might try doing what you're doing 3 times a week for one hour each time for a start.

Does your gym offer a spinning class or other classes? Maybe do those once or twice a week in addition to what you're currently doing.

~~~~~~~~~~
    I exercise 7 days a week.

Some days are short walks ... just 1-2 km. Those are my rest days.

Others are much longer walks or bicycle rides or both.

We are planning to buy a treadmill soon, just in time for winter. I am hoping to use it for 30-60 minutes/day at least 3 days a week ... in addition to my other walking and cycling.

And I do a short weights routine now and then. I need to do that more regularly. :)
  • akiba254
    akiba254 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I do weights 3 times a week and aim for half an hour to an hour of exercise each day. Even if its just walking. I have gotten pretty good results from that. Weights and cardio definitely seem to be way to go vs cardio only.
  • jpagurut
    jpagurut Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Check out bodybuilding.com there are some excellent free weight lifting workouts on there. I have just started bill phillips "back to fit" and love it.
  • gavyn02
    gavyn02 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hey if you want access to a ton of videos check out my you tube channel. 'Gavyn berntsen you tube' Ton's of free exercise videos there for you to choose from. Should keep you on track for a while
  • TheRoseRoss
    TheRoseRoss Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    An hour a week isn't going to cut it. I'm not an "every day" kind of guy because I believe that our bodies need recovery days, but you should at least shoot for having more "on" (workout days) than "off" days every week.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,619 Member
    Options
    I usually workout 30min.-1hr every day. Mix it up: try a class, lift some weights, use a different cardio machine. Find out what you like and can stick with. YouTube has some workout videos. If you don't have enough bandwidth (like me) check your local library for some workout dvds.