Fell off the wagon

Options
lizladominicana2
lizladominicana2 Posts: 8
edited April 2015 in Getting Started
I stopped working out and eating healthy for a few months....was going through a divorce. I feel terrible. So I'm starting again. I am about 20 pounds away from my goal. Trying to stay motivated...

Replies

• kjurassic
    kjurassic Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Get right back on the wagon. Do it for YOU..
  • nakima
    nakima Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    sorry to hear about your divorce but glad to see your ready to get back on the wagon and make wonderful changes for yourself. Goodluck!
  • lizladominicana2
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Thank you so much! I appreciate that Nakima!

Definitely kjurassic! :) thanks
  • crystal24dawn2015
    crystal24dawn2015 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I fell off too... But looks like we r both back on... We can do this!! You are beautiful and deserve to be happy- here's where it all starts!
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Pool up your bootstraps and get to it!
  • lizladominicana2
    Options
    Thank you Crystal, you are beautiful as well! :)
    Oh yeah Liftng4Lis!
  • Diana_GettingFit
    Diana_GettingFit Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    The great thing about the wagon is it's always there to get right back on. Good luck. This time you're going to stick with it, right?
  • lizladominicana2
    Options
    Definitely Dave, and you're absolutely right! Thanks!
  • PalmChris
    PalmChris Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    It's all one day at a time, and today is a new day. Welcome back.
  • lizladominicana2
    Options
    Thank you Chris!!!
  • GalactusEmpire
    GalactusEmpire Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Falling down is kind of a part of life. It happens to everyone. You need to know what it feels like to fall just so you know that it isn't the end of the world and everything will continue afterwards. Stress and life situations can always cause things to unravel, not just with your health. Do the best you can...
  • ereck44
    ereck44 Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    So sorry to hear about your divorce. I am glad to see that you are back. You are so strong! Sometimes you need some time for yourself just to figure things out!
  • abev1016
    abev1016 Posts: 44 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    It's no big deal falling off the wagon as long as you are motivated to get back on. You can do it
  • HCG73
    HCG73 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    It's not a problem. I had great success last summer/autumn then stopped over the winter. I view that time as being in the past and I can't change it now. So I take each day individually, if I eat a whole Easter chocolate bunny in one go (last week) then I log it and start again then next day. Some days are better than others.
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    I stopped working out and eating healthy for a few months....was going through a divorce. I feel terrible. So I'm starting again. I am about 20 pounds away from my goal. Trying to stay motivated...

Divorce is a big thing, so definitely dont worry about the slight delay.
    20lbs also isnt that much to lose.

Nothing to feel terrible about, just get back at it.
  • lizladominicana2
    Options
    Thank you all for the words of encouragement!
  • dufus12
    dufus12 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Falling down is kind of a part of life. It happens to everyone. You need to know what it feels like to fall just so you know that it isn't the end of the world and everything will continue afterwards. Stress and life situations can always cause things to unravel, not just with your health. Do the best you can...

Very well put. It can be hard to take on at the time, but later, it makes sense.....

And that wagon you fell off ? Another one along soon to hitch a ride to, just be sure you are ready,,,,,,,,,, :)
    Sometimes life just sucks, And then sometimes it really sucks,,,,,,,
  • lizladominicana2
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Agreed!! :) Thanks!
  • FitForL1fe
    FitForL1fe Posts: 1,872 Member
    Options
    Happens to just about everyone. As soon as you're back in it for a week or so you'll start feeling better.
  • billr9mm
    billr9mm Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I fell off the wagon as well. Lost a bunch of weight but unfortunately gained it all back. BUT I believe I am back in the game again. My daughter’s wedding is in July and I have to get going. Not sure what the plan is going to be beyond “burn more calories than I take in”. My dog loves, loves, loves her walks so with the weather much better now I plan to make that the center of my activity. Still have friends at the kick boxing gym so plan to do that once a week. Of course have to make some time for the elliptical and weights at the Fitness 19. My mind is made up (not sure what exactly kicks in but it HAS!!) to get back in the saddle again and get myself into some kind of shape so I don’t dread one flight of stairs. I recently started traveling some for work and it has been difficult to say the least with restaurants and expenses.