Sweets!!!!!

ugwux004
ugwux004 Posts: 47 Member
Anybody have any Idea or Advice on how to stop eating sweets. I go to college and all i have is dining center food, they always have desert, lots of them and I just can't stop eating! once i eat one i will keep on eating till my face is stuffed! Apart from that i eat a lot of salad and proteins, like lean meat, sugar is the only thing that is on my way! what do i do????

Replies

• auntstephie321
    auntstephie321 Posts: 3,586 Member
    I know how hard that is, I have a major sweet tooth as well. I started limiting sweats on advice from my doctor. I probably wouldn't have if she hadn't said to. After a few days I didn't really crave them anymore and now I don't want really sweet stuff cuz it's too rich for me. I'll have dark chocolate or frozen greek yogurt if I do want something.

Im sorry that probably didn't help you much. There is nothing wrong with sweets if you fit it in to your goals for the day, but it sounds like that's not the case. Maybe you'll get sick of it soon, or try to find an alternative that satisfies your sweet tooth with one serving. I used to like the fiber one brownies and vita muffins chocolate muffin tops.
  • ugwux004
    ugwux004 Posts: 47 Member
    Stbarber1 wrote: »
    I know how hard that is, I have a major sweet tooth as well. I started limiting sweats on advice from my doctor. I probably wouldn't have if she hadn't said to. After a few days I didn't really crave them anymore and now I don't want really sweet stuff cuz it's too rich for me. I'll have dark chocolate or frozen greek yogurt if I do want something.

Im sorry that probably didn't help you much. There is nothing wrong with sweets if you fit it in to your goals for the day, but it sounds like that's not the case. Maybe you'll get sick of it soon, or try to find an alternative that satisfies your sweet tooth with one serving. I used to like the fiber one brownies and vita muffins chocolate muffin tops.
    thanks!! it is helpful

• soccerkon26
    soccerkon26 Posts: 596 Member
    I am in college and am the same way. I have decided not to eat any of them in the dining hall because they're too irresistible!

What I do, is have sugar free chocolate pudding and mini/fun size chocolates to curb my cravings :)
  • margie_2015
    margie_2015 Posts: 23 Member
    Sweets are my weakness as well.. I use to not allow myself to eat any sweets whenever I started a new diet.. However by not allowing myself to eat sweets made it impossible for me to stop eating it when I was able to eat it again.. This was the reason my previous attempts to loose weight was not sustainable.. I now allow myself to eat sweets in small amounts most especially when I see that I have extra calories near the end of the day.. Remember, we always want what we can't have so mentally tell yourself that sweets are ok in moderation.. I hope this helped.. Best wishes
  • kbgetsfit
    kbgetsfit Posts: 1 Member
    The problem with sugar is that it makes you hungry. I am a sugar addict. I have found that if you limit it you will not be as hungry, have loads more energy, and be able to resist cravings. It is a bad bad drug. That is what I tell myself and it seems to help. My macros today for sugar were dead on and I was under my calorie goal.