22 year old lad - stressed student of 245 pounds!

Options
Hey all,

Been logging for two days now after realising just how much weight I'd put on over the last 3 years at University! 245 pounds atm, heaviest I've ever been, and taking a huge break from alcohol and bad food (which is hard because I got two great big easter eggs haha)

Hoping I can do this while coping with the stress of having very little money, exams and finding a job!

Wish me luck, and good luck to all the other newbies and people already losing weight - you're all an inspiration!

Thanks
Tom

Replies

• LettyTomy
    LettyTomy Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hey Tom! You'll be fine! Welldone for logging 2 days in a row! Add me. Let's do this!
  • farway
    farway Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    All the best Tom, it can be done, the Easter eggs could be given away maybe?
  • chubbard9
    chubbard9 Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    Best of luck :) Don't forget that you can treat yourself and indulge once in a while, because the more restrictive you become, the harder your transition can be!!!
    I started out by taking one thing at a time out of my diet, and now am to the point where I don't crave soda, beer, chips, etc. I do incorporate them into my day every once in a while, but make sure I eat light, or exercise more, and have the extra calories there!

You'll get there :) Feel free to add me! :)
  • NunqamNonParatus
    Options
    Haha I'm also a college student and I weigh just a bit under what you weigh now, although I've lost some weight in the month and change since I've been using MFP. It's hard at first managing diet school and everything else, but trust me it does get a lot easier with time. I've successfully gone through my midterms without binge eating, and now I'm going to complete my finals with hopefully similar results. Making friends with positive, encouraging people goes a long way. You can do it as long as you put your mind to it!
  • headovermeals
    Options
    Good luck to you. Try not to be too hard on yourself during exams! We're all here for you if you need something.
  • egorre
    egorre Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    good luck, tom. what i can tell you is cutting out or at least lessen consumption of bad food (sodas, fast food, beers etc.) would help your weight loss a long way. i started june last year and have already lost 100lbs. so far. MFP is as accurate as you make it to be
  • tomjackfox
    tomjackfox Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the encouraging words everyone :)