Do you count raw fruits/veggies in meals?

Options
I don't do Weight Watchers, but I know they don't count raw fruits and vegetables in their points system. I was wondering if any of you skip raw fruits and vegetables when you list what you ate. I mean, they ARE calories, so how can you not count them? I'm just wondering what others are doing. Thanks!

Replies

• JMCade
    JMCade Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I count mine. If you want to look at all nutritional values you want to add it. There's little calories for them, but big on the good stuff.
  • Last_15
    Last_15 Posts: 129
    Options
    I count every single calorie, I like to be sure :smile:
  • MrsJen
    MrsJen Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I count them. I like to see every calorie too, plus I feel good looking back on my diary knowing I got my veggie need for the day
  • joyr1982
    joyr1982 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I also count every calorie.
  • SarahWrittenThin
    SarahWrittenThin Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    I count everything I eat.
  • mindy14456
    mindy14456 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    I count everything, just to make sure I don't go over
  • abyt42
    abyt42 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    I only count them if I eat them....otherwise, how would I be able to account for the calories I take in?
  • rachel871
    rachel871 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    My best friend does weight watchers, and it's my biggest peeve that she doesn't have to count fruit and vegetables - even really sugary fruits like bananas and mangoes, which are relatively high in calories, she says are zero points!

Personally, I log everything that I eat - all fruit and vegetables etc. I think if you're calorie counting you need to, because, as you said, they may not have a ww value, but they still have a calorific value....
  • aristel
    aristel Posts: 110
    Options
    I count everything I put in my mouth
  • Roe1968
    Roe1968 Posts: 133
    Options
    FRUITS AND VEGGIES ARE IN MY FOOD DIARY - BUT FOR ME ONLY 3 FRUITS A DAY, NO MORE THAN THAT...VEGGIES UNLIMITED AND ONLY ROASTED OR GRILLED SEASONED WITH FRESH HERBS OR MRS DASH....:bigsmile:
  • Sasha_Bear
    Sasha_Bear Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    I count everything!
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    I count everything I eat because I try to only take supplements when I don't fulfill my daily requirements with whole foods.
  • Brandicaloriecountess
    Brandicaloriecountess Posts: 2,126 Member
    Options
    It never occured to me not to! I eat it, it has calories I count it.
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    I just ate 60 calories worth of raw veggies, how can I not count it?
  • mlemonroe2
    mlemonroe2 Posts: 603
    Options
    i count fruits and vegies. i never understood why weight watchers dosn't count them.
  • copperdave
    copperdave Posts: 146
    Options
    I count everything! Some fruits are higher in calories than you might think...i.e., peaches. Didn't realize that until I started using MFP.
  • copperdave
    copperdave Posts: 146
    Options
    I count everything! Some fruits are higher in calories than you might think...i.e., peaches. Didn't realize that until I started using MFP.
  • jolarocknrolla
    jolarocknrolla Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    yeah, i count everything. I need to stay on top of my sugars, and fruits and veggies still have sugar ... i'm certainly not going to deprive myself of fruits and veggies, but i want to keep my sugars reasonable so i like to know where i'm at. If I eat a banana, an apple and a few baby carrots *boom* there goes my sugar allotment for the day!

suckage :(
  • dawnrenee567
    dawnrenee567 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Absolutely.. that's how I discovered I was having way too much sugar in my diet. I now limit (or am attempting to limit) my fruits per day.
  • Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    Options
    Yep. I can easily eat over 100 calories of veggies in one meal. Fruit has even more calories - most fruit is *not* particularly low calorie. A banana is about 100 cals, for example.