Training for HalfMarathon!

Options
Hello there :) I'm new to the community aspect of MFP and looking for advice, friends and words of encouragement to get me to my goal! While training I've experienced body pain, weight gain and many more obstacles but I'm staying focused and addressing each issue as it comes my way! Kicking *kitten* and taking names :P Help this New Hampshire girl get fit and make it to the finish line!

Replies

• Dianardh
    Dianardh Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    When is the half marathon? Have you ran one before? I'm running my fourth in two weeks. I'm certainly not an expert, but maybe could give some tips. Add me :)
  • jotelicia
    jotelicia Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi there!!! I too am training for a half marathon which is on May 31st in Plattsburgh, NY. I Have experienced some of the same issues!! What race are you running? When? How is your trining going? :)
  • ShwetaTiwari10
    ShwetaTiwari10 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Me too training for half marathon,the race is on 17th may ,wild woods NJ. This will be my first half marathon.
  • nygymrat1977
    nygymrat1977 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm training for the half in Maine on May 9
  • jotelicia
    jotelicia Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    That's fantastic!!! Good luck!!!!
  • sfinny1204
    sfinny1204 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Dianardh- this is my first half on May 9th in Gloucester, MA :) do you have any cross training recommendations? Trying to build muscle for the longer runs!
  • tatinav
    tatinav Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Way to go! I'm working on doing mine in June. .. excited and nervous. I'm using 10k trainer by Zenlabs just downloaded the 25k version of it. Anyone is welcome to add me.