I shouted at my scales today

Options
Hello!
I'm Jess,
I went on a diet last year and lost around 25lbs. Over the summer and Christmas I went on 3 holidays and put every hard earned pound back on again.
I have attempted to diet again this year but take things slower so I don't crash as hard as I did last time.
I'm struggling to stay motivated.
The first 5lbs literally fell off, the second 4lbs took weeks and weeks to come off and now nothing is happening at all and I find it really frustrating.
I had a good week last week, I was aiming to lose 1.8lbs a week and I was over halfway there on Saturday but then Easter Sunday happened. I ate below my calorie goal on Saturday in order to account for Sunday but it didn't help.
I feel like I'm going to be stuck at 155lbs forever
(I go to the gym 4 times a week and do both cardio and lifting)
I don't even know why I'm posting... I just need to vent my frustration

Thanks
Jess

SW: 165
CW:155
UGW: 120-130 (by August)

Replies

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    You got this girl. Stop shouting at your scale and tighten up your logging, use your food scale religiously.
  • csteuter
    csteuter Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Your starting weight/goals mirror mine. I would be so ecstatic to be at that goal weight in August!
  • Cortneyrenee04
    Cortneyrenee04 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    I would definitely recommend getting rid of your August deadline... That's a lot of pressure! You're looking to lose 25-35 pounds in 4 months and that might not be realistic. That's 6-9 pounds per month.

You can get there, though. Slower is better. Change things up with your work outs, get an extra walk, and make sure your calorie goal is right for you. Good luck :)
  • jessmillross
    jessmillross Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I would definitely recommend getting rid of your August deadline... That's a lot of pressure! You're looking to lose 25-35 pounds in 4 months and that might not be realistic. That's 6-9 pounds per month.

You can get there, though. Slower is better. Change things up with your work outs, get an extra walk, and make sure your calorie goal is right for you. Good luck :)

Thanks, I know my GW is going to put a lot of pressure on my but unfortunately I need it. I'm kind of oblivious to how often I cheat if I'm not very focused on my goal. If I don't get there by then I wont be devastated though, a pound off is a pound off after all.
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    Find the balance between pushing yourself and knowing when your expectations are realistic. The danger is it starts to get in the way. The rate is likely to slow. Less you have to lose the harder it will be. Keep plugging away and chill.
  • cj94404
    cj94404 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Have you measured your waist? You might be gaining muscle & losing inches. Also if you are like be keeping a food diary is essential. Tedious but essential. It's how you are accountable. Yo-yo weight is frustrating. I do it too and I fail if I don't diary. Good luck. Push through. You are already in a better place than when you started.