Best cardio?

Options
Hi I'm rather new to this exercise but been told that cardio is best for weight loss.. What's the best cardio exercise to do? Sorry for dull question lol ... Thanks :)

Replies

• cheezels83
    cheezels83 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I'm interested in finding out too! Especially workouts on DVD etc that you can do at home. I hope you get lots of answers :p
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    The best thing for losing fat is a caloric deficit. The best cardio is no cardio
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    The best thing for losing fat is a caloric deficit. The best cardio is the cardio you enjoy

FIFY
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    By the way exercise isn't for weight loss at all - that's why you are supposed to eat back exercise calories.

Highest calorie burn and best for your heart and fitness - cardio.
    Best for retention of muscle while losing weight and for looking good when you get to goal weight - strength/resistance training.

Optimal - both.
  • mae3599
    mae3599 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    rope jumping ! it took u to burn 12 cal in 1 minutes if u jump non stop haha about 5 min u wil be sweat like hell trust me :) its this do not work u can try jogging :D good luck !
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    sijomial wrote: »
    By the way exercise isn't for weight loss at all - that's why you are supposed to eat back exercise calories.

Best for retention of muscle while losing weight and for looking good when you get to goal weight - strength/resistance training.

Optimal - both.

+million
  • threnjen
    threnjen Posts: 687 Member
    Options

Optimal - both.

This
    If you insist on just doing cardio, the best is something that you like and will stick with :)
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    The best thing for losing fat is a caloric deficit. The best cardio is the cardio you enjoy

FIFY

+1

Are you looking for slow, steady-state aerobic training, which includes activities like brisk walking, jogging, biking, and rowing.

At the opposite end of the spectrum you can do short, intense bursts of energy. Sprints and high-intensity interval training. This is basically HIIT (this is repeated alternating of short bursts of energy with brief, low-intensity activity)

What are your fitness goals? You have to start with this question and then look for, research and even try out things (even go to your local fitness stores and try out equipment if you want to invest in something for your home, etc..)
  • Sophiasmomma
    Sophiasmomma Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Walking is great!
    Alot of people love jillian Michaels dvds esp the 30 day shred. I enjoy the firm because theres alot of squats lunges and weights used for toning.
    To me, as long as my heart rate is up and im sweating I feel good and enjoy it my mission is complete. Find what you love and go for it.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Whatever keeps you motivated will work. Remember, weight loss starts in the kitchen.
  • slideaway1
    slideaway1 Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    Whatever keeps you motivated will work. Remember, weight loss starts in the kitchen.

And ends in the dining room! :D
  • kristen_bures
    kristen_bures Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    It depends on what you like to do. Some like running others hate it. Personally I love dancing so I do Zumba. I became a Zumba instructor 2 years ago. Right now I don't have any classes so I have been doing the elliptical but summer is almost here and I'm thinking about switching that to swimming. I would suggest testing out different ones and seeing what you like best.