Pre-workout meals

Options
What do you like to eat before you workout? Are there certain foods that work for certain types of workouts for you? I tend to work out at different times of the day throughout the week so I'd love to hear what you guys have to say.

Replies

• NaiFitness415
    Options
    I like to make a protein shake before I work out.
  • NotQuiteNorm
    NotQuiteNorm Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I know it's probably not great for me but I like a 250ml of sugar-free energy drink! I've tried all sorts of things and this is what I find helps me get the most out of my workout! I also try to do it either before bed or right in between meals as I'm never hungry once I've worked out and it helps me abstain a little longer - spread my meals out!
  • powerstaxx
    Options
    I always eat my pre workout meal about 1-1 1/2 hours before training,to make sure it's digested properly.You don't want to train on a full stomach,because you won't benefit fully from your workout.
    I like to have things like sweet potato, oatmeal , jasmine rice, or basmatti rice, as my carb source.Then I always like to side it with a lean protein like chicken,lean ground beef.And a side of veggies.
    If your looking for a cheaper alternative,then another one that works great is a peanut butter and banana sandwich on esekiel bread.
    Hope this helps some!
  • cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    Options
    I went through the whole brofood pre-workout.

Can't say I see a difference with that and the bowl of coco-pops and a coffee I had before the gym this morning.

Personal preference.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I have cereal and "protein Milk", a sandwich, yoghurt with protein and fruit.... So, carbs and protein. Other times its just a coffee, usually with coconut oil and gelatin.
  • Shanairah1991
    Shanairah1991 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I eat a banana on my way to the gym which is about 20 minutes before I workout.
  • KLouHerout
    KLouHerout Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I like to make a protein shake before I work out.
    what kind do you use?