Only lost a pound in 11 days

Options
I'm so annoyed! That's barely anything. Last time I weighed I was 12 stone 3.6, now I'm 12 stone 2.4. Barely anything! Before you say are you secretly deluding yourself and eating more than you should. Apart from one day of pigging out over easter I've been working so hard! I walk to and from work, which is 35 minutes each way. I've been going to the gym and doing intense work out and I'm careful with what I eat. I still allow myself treats but I count them carefully. I don't deprive myself because I'll only just pig out. I allow myself a daim bar, which is 150 calories but I don't eat junk food. I eat plenty of chicken, rice and fruit. What is going on here?? This has messed up my whole entire day. I had hoped to loose another pound. I don't believe it's muscle either. I don't believe in that muscle weighs more than fat crap.

Replies

• fitnessqueen91
    fitnessqueen91 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I'm *
  • isulo_kura
    isulo_kura Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    .5 pound a week which is what you are losing is a good rate of loss considering you have a relatively small amount to lose. Have patience and lower your expectations
  • Fazbee
    Fazbee Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am having the same problem. Saw a nutritionist a while back and she mentioned something about sugar storage and how eating sugars result in muscle burning rather than fat. I decided this morning to drop carbs and eat more protein. Hang in there, stick to it!!
  • NobodyPutsAmyInTheCorner
    NobodyPutsAmyInTheCorner Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    A pound in 11 days is great. Better than another pound gained. ;)
  • ChrisM8971
    ChrisM8971 Posts: 1,067 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I'm so annoyed! That's barely anything. Last time I weighed I was 12 stone 3.6, now I'm 12 stone 2.4. Barely anything! Before you say are you secretly deluding yourself and eating more than you should. Apart from one day of pigging out over easter I've been working so hard! I walk to and from work, which is 35 minutes each way. I've been going to the gym and doing intense work out and I'm careful with what I eat. I still allow myself treats but I count them carefully. I don't deprive myself because I'll only just pig out. I allow myself a daim bar, which is 150 calories but I don't eat junk food. I eat plenty of chicken, rice and fruit. What is going on here?? This has messed up my whole entire day. I had hoped to loose another pound. I don't believe it's muscle either. I don't believe in that muscle weighs more than fat crap.

There are two possibilities that immediately spring to mind:

1. Have you just started these intense gym workouts, if so then your muscles could be retaining water to help them repair.

2. Are you weighing and logging everything you eat accurately. Its pretty easy to over eat on chicken and rice.

Don't worry it wont be muscle gain so you are right to not worry about that. No need to cut back on sugar as has been suggested because the idea that it makes the body burn muscle instead of fat sounds like complete hooey to me.

Also opening up your diary for others to look at might help you get the best advice

• mariagabriella
    mariagabriella Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Slow progress is still progress. I'm similar weight to you (have lost about 24kg so far) and I'd be thrilled if I lost 1lb in 11 days!
    Keep going. Clearly what you're doing is working. Maybe shake it up a bit, but don't be discouraged.
  • mz_getskinny
    mz_getskinny Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I think you need to keep being consistent and be patient. I don't know of how much you have to lose or how many calories you are taking in, so I don't really want to tell you to eat less.

If you went from doing nothing to doing your intense workouts that could be stalling weight loss. I gained 7 lbs my first 3 days at the gym and it took 2 weeks for the water weight to drop and then I finally started losing again.
  • Jgasmic
    Jgasmic Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    A pound in 11 days is good! And if you haven't weighed in the last 11 days you may just be fluctuating high today. My weight this morning was two pounds less than it was yesterday morning. I did some new, harder workouts earlier in the week and it was my TOM. If you are weighing and logging all of your food and trust the calorie burn if you're eating exercise calories then you shouldn't worry about it. The ups and downs are normal, as long as it is trending downward over time. Weighing every day actually helps me control my anxiety about the scale going down, but I know for some people it makes it worse.
  • Sophiasmomma
    Sophiasmomma Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Yes. Weight can fluctuate within five pounds. Try and weigh yourself the same time with close to the same clothes to be more accurate. For me I weigh myself in the morning almost first thing
    Depending on my workout the night before sometimes I can weigh a few lbs more than normal.
    Also watch your sodium intake.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    Nice. Wish I could lose a pound in 11 days.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Excellent work!
  • Camo_xxx
    Camo_xxx Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    Did you in fact log a 7000 calorie defict for those 11 days ?
  • almondbutterbay
    almondbutterbay Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    A pound in 11 days is good. I lost 2 pounds in 2 months.
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    Camo_xxx wrote: »
    Did you in fact log a 7000 calorie defict for those 11 days ?

This. Does the math add up? Ofc its not an exact science and you are looking for a trend, Intense workout doesnt mean much without more detail or opening your diary. Tbh id just chill and be happy with the 1lb. You dont know how much the binge was in calories. Relax a bit and be patient, there are people who struggle to lose 1lb a month as they hit a stall, but yours could easily be the body adjusting or just taking its own time. 11 days is no time at all.
  • zamphir66
    zamphir66 Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    I don't believe in that muscle weighs more than fat crap.

I'll just agree with what everyone else said, while adding that the same volume of muscle does weigh more than the same volume of fat. It's a fact that can be demonstrated, not something to believe or not believe in. Just saying.

• klsana00
    klsana00 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I am having the same issue. How do we open our diarys? so people can have a look? I havent lost a thing in 14 days!
  • klsana00
    Options
    Right, figured it out if anyone would like to take a look. Any suggestions would be most welcome
  • onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    Options
    I've lost 1 pound in the last 30 days...

It's more difficult when you don't have much to lose.
  • ChrisM8971
    ChrisM8971 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    klsana00 wrote: »
    Right, figured it out if anyone would like to take a look. Any suggestions would be most welcome

First suggestion is read this post

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1234699/logging-accurately-step-by-step-guide/p1

Looking at the diary there are a lot of generic food entries there and you are often using cups instead of weight for measurements, particularly of solids

Accuracy when logging can make or break weight loss by calorie counting
  • klsana00
    Options
    Thanks I will have to get a scale.. I have been measuring the cups though...