Protein in urine

Options
Please share your personal experiences with this problem. My Endro is monitoring. Tells me to drink MORE water! This makes me urinate more and not sleeping due to getting up.

Replies

• geimerst
    geimerst Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I had increased urine albumin levels several years ago when I was training for a half-marathon, they returned to normal after the race and I cut back on my running due to a knee injury. It is not unusual to spill proteins into urine if you increase your exercise levels, however, it can be a sign of more serious conditions if it remains elevated. It's good that it's being monitored.

I usually refer to the 'Little Hospital on the Prairie' for general information - Mayo Clinic: Protein in urine
  • 1117Stella
    1117Stella Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Thank you.
    Have lost 127 lbs so far. I'm still continuing. In December I was taken off insulin (Lantus.)
    March my endo had me go off Glimpiride 2mg due to low blood levels ( hypoglycemia.)
    After a weeks try, my numbers were too high. Contacted Dr. EdNow I'm taking 1mg.
    Today is only my 2nd day at this level. Unable to judge at this time.
    My last 2 office visits was told my urine levels were slightly high. Doc suggested drinking more water. Am doing it. In July I will be tested again.
    I'm gravely concerned. My sister died of complications from diabetes. Yes, dyalisis.
    Is this where I'm headed?
    My exercise of choice is extreme walking.
    Thoughts?
    Sincerely,
    Stella Marie

• alyhuggan
    alyhuggan Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Thought this was going to be a completely different topic...