Not Losing much Weight

Options
Hello

As simple as it sounds really. I've been on a diet and going to the gym since January now. I've lost 1st 8lbs so far, which I'm so proud of, but the last few weeks I've not lost as much as I thought I would have done.

I'm going to the gym 5 or 6 times a week and do a 60 min mix of Hill walking, cross trainer and on the bike. I then go and do weights such as bicep curls, squats, tricep press, pectoral fly and leg weights.

I've also recently bought a FITBIT FLEX to track my steps, during a working day and including the gym I do over 25000 steps and do over 10 miles.

My diet I try to control by weighing my food. For breakfast I have a cup of oats, banana and some whey protein in a smoothie maker with 400ml of water, blitz it up and drink it. for my dinner I have 50g of salad with either chicken, tuna or ham. Then I have my tea after ive been to the gym. I also eat apples through the day while at work.

During this last week I have eaten 10650 calories and used 22688 calories giving me a deficit of 12038.

I feel like I should be losing more weight. Is there anything I'm doing wrong? Is my calorie defict far too much.

Thanks for reading and for any help

xx

Replies

• BWBTrish
    BWBTrish Posts: 2,817 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    weighing on a scale or measuring with cups is a huge difference. By measuring ( using cups) your food you probably eat more calories than you think

Look at this, short video of weighing your oats or measuring with cups....hundreds of calories difference a week.
    And like peanut butter and that for only 2 kinda foods.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVjWPclrWVY
  • jameshubbard37
    jameshubbard37 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    The cup I use for my oats weighs in at 80g. I use the cup as its easier first thing in the morning. everything else I put on a plate or in my snapbox gets weighed.

Very interesting video
  • s2Mango
    s2Mango Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Oh wow, thanks for posting that video. I find it hard to weight some things, but i'll definitely try to find some ways to now, haha.
  • Deeangelique
    Deeangelique Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    WOW! Just read this and I know im not actually answering your question, but i just want to say - WELL DONE! I started on 2nd Jan, am celebrating 100 days logged into MFP today. But I am taking things slow so its sustainable long term. I have lost 10lbs and should be another 2lbs lighter tomorrow (had a few bad weeks where i gained a little and had to lose it again). I wouldve been very happy with 1 stone loss in 100 days.

So i think your 1st 8lb loss is AMAZING. well done and keep it up x
  • jameshubbard37
    jameshubbard37 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Thank you, Im really pleased and happy with what ive done. Ive worked hard in the gym and always leave a sweaty mess.
    I just feel like I should be losing more than 1lb a week and sometimes nothing a week.