Healthy (and semi-low calorie) pasta salad w/spinach & goat

PhoenyxRising
PhoenyxRising Posts: 68 Member
This recipe literally takes 15-20 mins start to finish. Its easy, its SO good, and its been a hit everywhere I've taken it. The ingredients sound funny, but don't knock it until you try it!

Ingredients:
1 box whole wheat pasta- bowties, rotini, or penne work best
1 pint of cherry or grape tomatoes
1 bag of spinach or baby spinach (approx 9 cups)
2 4oz containers of goat cheese crumbles (you can also use feta but I prefer the goat cheese)
2 tbsp olive oil
2 tsp fresh minced garlic
1 tsp salt

Pick your favorite whole wheat or low-carb pasta ( I use Ronzoni Smart Taste... Its whole wheat pasta that tastes just like white)
Boil the pasta w/ a tsp of salt (optional)
Once the pasta is boiled, drain and rinse under cold water- set aside

Take a pint of cherry or grape tomatoes. If cherry- you will want to cut them up into halves or fourths. Grape you can leave as is, or cut in half. In a frying pan, sautee 2 tsp of fresh minced garlic until browned, then add the tomatoes and simmer for about 3 minutes.

Slowly start to add the bag of spinach. You can use baby or regular. As the spinach wilts and cooks down, keep stirring and adding more until the entire bag is simmered down into the tomatoes and garlic. Remove from heat.

Add the spinach/tomato mix to your pasta. Then add the containers of goat cheese and toss well.

Its delicious warm, or cover and set in fridge until ready to eat. This recipe makes 8-10 servings depending on how much you like. 1/2 cup is about 250 calories. Enjoy!!!

Replies