bad day!!

Options
If you havd a very bad day do you shamefully log or ignore the day and move on :p

Replies

• AzWifenMom
    AzWifenMom Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I still log my day, no matter how bad it may look. If I can't even be honest with myself on the bad day then what is this whole journey for. Log it and move on!
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Log it and move on to learn from the mistakes
  • dakmum
    dakmum Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Dam the easter eggs :D
  • Spyer116
    Spyer116 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I've only been here a week, and most my days seem mediocre at best. With 2-3 pretty bad days (when I was drinking. Damn, never new vodka had so much calories! haha). Just log and move on, at least you wont forget about it, and can continue to keep track of your progress and will understand why, if there were any stalls in it :)
    I seem to incorporate some chocolate or crisps or no cal drinks into almost everyday it seems ,yet I still log them :)
  • AzWifenMom
    AzWifenMom Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    it's ok, we had the monster of jelly beans, bad bad jelly beans!
  • brandiuntz
    brandiuntz Posts: 2,717 Member
    Options
    I log it. I believe in removing the guilt from eating, and just taking it in as information I can use in the future to understand my eating habits, including what causes me to binge on occasion.
  • HardyGirl4Ever
    HardyGirl4Ever Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    I usually leave it blank, but I logged my horrible eating day yesterday.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    stop the shame...if you think you're going to be 100% on all of the time, you're in for a real struggle. It's a day...in the grand scheme of things it's pretty much irrelevant. Move on.
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options
    Log as well as you can and do better tomorrow.
  • kbxiii
    kbxiii Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    log log log..

be honest with yourself, and make up for the badness over the next few days..

• dakmum
    dakmum Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Great will do, am new to mfp but loving it. Looking forward to logging my 26 mile walk tom :p
  • VanillaGorillaUK
    VanillaGorillaUK Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I log everything, although sometimes I don't until the next day out of shame.

I can't stand not knowing approximately how many calories I intake, as I count on a weekly total, rather than daily.

I have bad days every few weeks but it hasn't stopped me.

• 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    what makubu said, log and nove on. Beating yourself up or having regrets is dull, especially if its a one off. Try and learn from it though.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I log every single calorie, the good and the bad. Even if you are over on a day or two during the week, it doesn't mean you'll still not be in a deficit at the end of the week. Which is why i pay more attention to my weekly deficit rather than my daily one.
  • InTheTardis84
    InTheTardis84 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    stop the shame...if you think you're going to be 100% on all of the time, you're in for a real struggle. It's a day...in the grand scheme of things it's pretty much irrelevant. Move on.

Preach_zpsec26b515.gif

• LavenderLeaves
    LavenderLeaves Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Just log, but not shamelessly. Logging is for accountability. Bad days happen, but we come back, and we log. We don't pretend it didn't happen - because pretending the days we don't do everything ideally doesn't help us actually learn to cope with them and be able to move on from them in a healthy way. It's okay! Just get back on the horse.
  • noclady1995
    noclady1995 Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    I log it so I can look back on it when I am eating better and realize how long it takes to "fix" not so smart choices. :)
  • shaunte92
    shaunte92 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Generally I don't log it if it was unplanned and outrageous. Logging it creates a feeling of guilt for me. When I don't log it I feel more like "aye, I effed up, but I'll start again tomorrow".
    I'm NOT recommending this for you or anyone lol. Just being truthful about how I operate.
  • IAmTheGlue
    IAmTheGlue Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    I log it. I am very good at lying to myself. My doctor told me once that most of his patients die of denial.

If I drank an entire bottle of wine for dinner, I log it. If I eat 8 mini candy bars as a snack , I log it. No matter what. I use MFP to be accountable to myself and logging the good, the bad and the ugly is part of that for me.
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    Log it and don't bother feeling shame. It's one day of the rest of your life.