fell off the wagon

Options
i was doing really well the past month and few days then on easter...i received the dreaded chocolate bunny( huge bunny). Every day this week i've been going food crazy. i haven't gone running in a week and then it was a week prior to that. i'm nervous to weigh myself as i have been eating like a pig. one day this week i ate almost 1000 calories over(2400). i can't seem to motivate myself. i had lost about 15 lbs in a month and was doing well. now its chocolate,cake, drinks with friends and etc. what do you guys do when you get like this?

Replies

• yesimpson
    yesimpson Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    Put it behind you, don't beat yourself up about it, and start afresh tomorrow. One thing at a time if you have to - for example, try getting back into running before you worry too much about keeping strictly to a calorie deficit, then introduce that once you feel more positive. Don't freak out about it - weight doesn't go back on in a week, and even if it did, pounds can be re-lost. You know what you need to do, and you CAN do it.
  • Psychgrrl
    Psychgrrl Posts: 3,177 Member
    Options
    Realize it's a slump, and not beat myself up for it. Everybody goes through times like this. I revisit why I lost the weight and try on my old too-big clothes, or my skinny jeans and remind myself why I started this in the first place and how far I've come. I'm healthier now because of all the effort.

And one crazy week isn't going to ruin it. Working out is good for me and helps boost my mood. Seeing how much faster/longer I run or how much more I'm lifting is very motivating for me.

Hang in there--you'll be back on track in no time! :smiley:
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    How many calories are you over? 3500 for every 1lb you might gain. Id just deal with it as knowing is much better and then I do soemthing about it. For now just facing up to the issue would be progress. I just get on with it and learn what I can.
  • RedRockChic
    RedRockChic Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    There are too many other critics in the world to spend one minute criticizing yourself.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/RedRockChic/view/permission-to-behave-badly-736527#comments
  • asquared2014
    asquared2014 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have days like that almost every month. It's really frustrating when my discipline goes out the window. As much as I try not to beat myself up about it I still have feelings of guilt but I make the decision to forgive myself and just try to do better the next day.
  • SnatchPosse
    SnatchPosse Posts: 28 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Step on the scale-the actual results may not be as bad as you thought. Then remember-it's either give up or get back up and keep going. In a week or two your lapse will be far behind you if you don't waste time dwelling on it. Lapses are going to happen-don't get derailed by them. You're still doing great.
  • susieqtx123
    susieqtx123 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Easter is a really difficult time for everyone who's watching the calories. I've had 2wks off over the Easter as I work in a school. With my daughter being on Easter hols too, we've been out a lot & really found it hard to keep eating healthy, much less track. I eat a lot healthier when I'm working because I have set times I have to have lunch with no opportunity to pick. (Have to watch out for the staff room though, as there's always cake!!) So hopefully will get back on track. You will GET IT BACK. Just think about it as being a bump in the road. It will get better. :smile:
  • shaunte92
    shaunte92 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I just start over. The first couple of days are tough, but if you keep that in mind you can fight through it just like you did the first time. I typically avoid the scale for a few days so I'm not shocked & disappointed. But on day 3 or 4 I'll get back on the scale to reevaluate where I'm at. The guilt will continue until you get back to your routine or you spend so much time eating horribly & not working out that you don't care anymore. You do not want the latter of the two to happen.
  • booksandchocolate12
    booksandchocolate12 Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    imfree2bme wrote: »
    i was doing really well the past month and few days then on easter...i received the dreaded chocolate bunny( huge bunny). Every day this week i've been going food crazy. i haven't gone running in a week and then it was a week prior to that. i'm nervous to weigh myself as i have been eating like a pig. one day this week i ate almost 1000 calories over(2400). i can't seem to motivate myself. i had lost about 15 lbs in a month and was doing well. now its chocolate,cake, drinks with friends and etc. what do you guys do when you get like this?

So since Easter, you've "gone food crazy", have stopped running and have been "eating like a pig". That's a lot of blame to put on poor innocent chocolate bunny! ;)

Like others have said, you just have to get back on the horse. Weigh yourself, acknowledge your misstep, and move one.

• killencm
    killencm Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I am having the same issue. for the last two weekends I have gone away. I started out fine but then went off the rails! Gah! I am trying really hard to get back on, because it was working. My biggest problem is emotional eating, and i had alot of stress the last weekend.