I'm Struggling!

Options
I started using myfitness pall 24 days ago and I am struggling in losing weight. I understand that I dont workout everyday and of the 24 days, I have been in the "red" for eating more than I exercise 6 times. I exercise about 4-5 times a week and my eating habits have changed drastically but I still dont see weight change. I should be 6lbs lighter (I'm set to lose 2lbs a week) but after 24 days I've only lost 3lbs and I do not know what I am doing wrong.

I'm not sure if im using Myfitness Pal right or if I need to change anything else about my eating habits but I am struggling. Am I only suppose to be eating the suggested amount of calories Myfitness Pal indicates (which the app says i should eat 1200 daily) regardless of exerciese? Or am I suppose to eat the suggested calories (1200 calories in my case) plus any calories burned from exercising?

I need help :/

Replies

• DonnaHilston
    DonnaHilston Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I am having the same sort of questions except it is the other way. I have to add more than I eat because it won't let me close out the day. I'm not doing much exercise because right now because it is too cold to be walking outside. I have lost 3 lbs this week and hope to keep this up.

Good luck on this journey!

• kpiampiano12
    kpiampiano12 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I try not to eat the additional calories you seem to "earn" for working out. I use them for things like scoops of protein powder. With the workout I do, it allows me to eat an additional 800 calories some days which to me, defeats the purpose of burning those calories. Stick to it and try to make the best food choices for the calories you eat. Lots of protein and veggies work for me. I'm down 27 pounds so far since December. Slow and steady