Do you spiralize?

Options
fansiefree
fansiefree Posts: 21 Member
What's your favorite thing to spiralize? I made this Beet/Sweet Potato Noodle dish and I'm loving it!

jnud61xuvx0v.jpg

Replies

• MissJES89
    MissJES89 Posts: 14 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Looking forward to seeing the ideas in this thread! I regularly use courgette (zucchini??) so far but would love other ideas :)
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    I sure do. Have you looked at www.inspiralized.com

It's even one of the few cookbooks I purchased at full price. I typically just like blogs, but this one is worth it.

Do you roast the beets after spiralizing? I have 3 beets in my fridge right now.
  • njfitnessmom
    njfitnessmom Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    I do too. There a recipe on skinnytaste.com that I want to try, spiralized apple and cabbage slaw.

http://www.skinnytaste.com/2015/03/spiralized-apple-and-cabbage-slaw.html
  • fansiefree
    Options
    I sure do. Have you looked at www.inspiralized.com

It's even one of the few cookbooks I purchased at full price. I typically just like blogs, but this one is worth it.

Do you roast the beets after spiralizing? I have 3 beets in my fridge right now.

I love inspiralized! I haven't purchased the cookbooks yet because there are so many good recipes on the website, but when I try all of those I will buy the book.

I roast the beets for about 7 minutes at 425. Delicious!
  • fansiefree
    Options
    MissJES89 wrote: »
    Looking forward to seeing the ideas in this thread! I regularly use courgette (zucchini??) so far but would love other ideas :)

My favorite spiralizer recipe so far is Sweet Potato Pad Thai - http://lemonsandbasil.com/sweet-potato-pad-thai-with-sriracha-sauce/

I used the smallest blade setting (see below) and even the texture of the sweet potato tasted like pad-thai!

9rkjimf8k1mr.jpg

• 0206sjm
    0206sjm Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    What is the best spiralizer to buy? I'm really wanting to get one but not sure of what to buy.
  • suruda
    suruda Posts: 1,233 Member
    Options
    hmmmm, now I'm curious!
  • Sandcastles61
    Sandcastles61 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    I'm a confirmed zoodle-holic :) Pinterest has tons of recipes. Some of my favorites are Kung Pa o Chicken..... chicken with kale and mushrooms..., Asian meatballs with a lime cilantro sauce.....and one with garlic chicken and asparagus. I want to try them in pho and I am definitely going to look up the pad Thai recipe. Yum <3
  • Sandcastles61
    Sandcastles61 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    Oh.... I forgot the stirfried pork with cabbage noodles. I bookmarked one that's has caramelized leeks and bacon with an Alfredo sauce, but I have not figured out the nutritional info on that baby yet LOL. Probably better left for when I hit maintenance and have a few more calories to play with :)

I use that Asian Garlic Chili Sauce to give things a kick sometimes. It's one of those"zero" calorie condiments and it's sodium content is really low.
  • beachlandia
    beachlandia Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I just bought a Veggetti today, the only thing I really had in the house to use it on was a cucumber and I hate cucumbers but I like the way the noodles turned out :) I can't wait to get my hands on some sweet potatoes and make something with them.
  • knt217
    knt217 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I think I need this tool. So I'm bumping for the question asked earlier-- what kind do you have?
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    I love the paderno spiralizer - on Amazon for about $30
  • KarenBrook1
    Options
    I love to spiralize. My favorite veggie was turnip or rutabaga but I have recently found out that both are high carb.
  • margurite0821
    margurite0821 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I too have the Paderno Spiralizer from Amazon, have been using it for years - love it - paid about $30.00. I use it for cucumber and carrot Asian salad (smallest blade) drizzled with 0 calorie Asian rice vinegar, I also have used it for zucchini raw noodles, I spriralize and then cut into smaller pieces. I use a mandoline for the same reason, cut the veggies into new fun shapes and it makes it fun to eat. Another great website to check for recipes in Inspiralized, tons of great ideas: http://www.inspiralized.com/
  • fansiefree
    edited April 2015
    Options
    knt217 wrote: »
    I think I need this tool. So I'm bumping for the question asked earlier-- what kind do you have?

I went with the Paderno Spiralizer. If you want this sprializer, be sure to order it on Williams-Sonoma and not on Amazon unless the seller is Amazon directly. The ones from third parties on Amazon are notoriously counterfeit, and pieces of the blades break off into the food (which happened to me). So scary! I also had that problem with small hand crank spiralizers.

So far the Paderno has been worth every penny! I love the angel hair texture, so I got the 4-blade instead of the 3-blade option. I hope this helps! :smile:
  • JasminPetals
    JasminPetals Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I love to make cucumber noodles!! Often I'll either add shrimp or chicken, it's ridiculously delicious.
    I didn't have any tools to make veggies into noodles at first, so I just had to make due with a knife, still thurned out great anyway.
  • WithWhatsLeft
    WithWhatsLeft Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I have a Paderno. I haven't done too much with it yet.

Zucchini makes a great replacement for spaghetti - just saute it till limp after it's spiralized.

Also, spiralize a jicama, then sprinkle some salt and chili powder on it, and roast it. A lot like shoestring cut potato french fries.
  • princesstink76
    princesstink76 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    PI'm on my second one but it doesn't spiralise properly
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    Have two different spiral tools. Smaller one for Zucchini and a larger one for bigger veggies. Celery root is great to spiral cut and the "noodles" hold up to stir frying and boiling.