hi im new and i need help

Options
smriti09
smriti09 Posts: 5 Member
hi smriti here. by the time i reach home after gym its 11:00 pm at night and then i am really hungry, so i eat sensible stuf like whole wheat veg sandwich, soup, lentil soup etc... but still im nt loosing weight what should i do? please help

Replies

• HaleyAlli
    HaleyAlli Posts: 911 Member
    Options
    Welcome! You may need to open your diary so we can see what else you're doing :)
  • unhinge
    unhinge Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Agree, open your diary, also soup is often loaded with sodium. You can add sodium to your diary and track it as well, it's a real eye opener!
  • hoosier8
    hoosier8 Posts: 25
    Options
    I would think that eating before bed is the worst thing you could do.

If you eat many but small meals a day you will be better off. One of the things that makes you hungry is your sugar level. I have found that following a diet avoiding foods that are high glycemic, like anything white or things like watermellon helps level out your sugar level making you less likely to get a hunger binge.

I am starting back on this after using BalanceLog (same program) years ago and losing 50 pounds.
  • pollytheprimate
    Options
    Heya! Joining a site like this is a good start - I've found that logging your calories - as accurately as you possibly can - helps tremendously... even if the foods are good for you, you may be eating too much of them.

Calories are just units of energy... how much energy are you taking in versus how much is going out. Also, I personally will default to underestimating my activity level and overestimating my calories a bit, rather than risk the opposite and have my journal then effectively lying to me, and me not losing anything.
  • smriti09
    smriti09 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    thanks, u guys are grt... .
    in next two minutes im going to open by diary. please ignore today's diet... blunder by having pizza...as i had party at home,,, trying to compensate it with fruit diet tomorrow. any suggestions on that
  • sdwill07
    sdwill07 Posts: 1
    Options
    Welcome! I had the same problem you have with coming home and feeling like I'm going to die of starvation. For me what seemed to really help was eliminating those late meals. No one wants to go to bead hungry so perhaps mixing in a protien bar or shake during your late workout will keep you satisfied until you wake in the morning.

Good luck and I this was helpful.
  • bizco
    bizco Posts: 1,949 Member
    Options
    Are you using a digital food scale to weigh everything you eat? Most people drastically underestimate how much they're eating. Are you logging everything you drink or use to cook with (oils, butter, etc.)? Are you meeting MFP's calorie goal? Are all of your settings correct, especially the lifestyle setting (don't count your dedicated exercise in this setting)? Do you exercise and if so, are you using a heart rate monitor to accurately log the calories burned in MFP's exercise tab? Are you drinking 8-12 cups of water every day? Is your sodium intake well below MFP's default goal?