Texas gal looking to stay motivated

Options
Just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Kristi and I live in the Lone Star State. I love my family, my cats, my dog, and my life out here in the country. I came to MFP looking to stay motivated as I start trying to get healthy. I have been on this journey many times in my 37 years of life. I have always been chubby and now I'm in the obese category. I'm the heaviest I have ever been at 241 lbs. It's been the most depressing time of my life and that's saying a lot because I'm usually a cheery person. I have tried and failed many times because I'm addicted to food and my willpower is non existent. So, basically I'm afraid of failure again. These are my struggles and I hope to slowly overcome them. I would love to befriend truly like minded people interested in supporting each other. Friends are always welcome! <3

Replies

• AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    Double posts on the forums are not allowed.
  • KristiCass
    Options
    Sorry I'm new and I think I double tapped on my iphone.
  • paulettedunbar1
    Options
    Hi my name is Paulette. I just moved to San Antonio. TX. I'm similar to you with no will power but really want to get this weight off. I'm at 255 and want to get down to 190-200. I would live a new friend and accountability partner
  • thegaragegirl01
    thegaragegirl01 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Hey Kristi, feel free to add me as a friend. I'm only just starting my journey and would love to help keep you motivated and hopefully you can do the same for me. Finding people in the same situation as yourself can help wonders, especially when you're having a bad day and you can see others still plugging away at their goals and you think "I can do this!"

You'll be fabulous in no time. Just remember to log everything, even the bad days. Even when you have a bad day, your calories start fresh tomorrow and you can try again.
  • michaelbowerscore1st
    michaelbowerscore1st Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    If I can help you in any way, let me know. Ive been personal training for over 10 years... Love helping others reach their fitness goals.
  • oneunfitdad
    oneunfitdad Posts: 911 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me i always try to help people improving themselves
  • dcmitchell01
    dcmitchell01 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Dana. Feel free to add me too. Like you, I've tried many times, and generally my commitment wanes within the first couple of weeks. I'm 35 and have been that chubby kid to chunk adult. I like having friends here for accountability as well, and like garagegirl said above, it is motivating to find others with similar situations, fighting the same battle!