Decent stomach, fat hips.

Options
hi any ideas on what i can do to lose weight around my hip and thigh area. I weigh around 140 pounds trying to get down to 130 at 5'7. I have a 28 inch waist which i'm happy with as my stomach is completely flat but then have 40 inch hips which i hate. Any advice will be greatly appreciated!

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, you can't spot reduce. Eat in a calorie deficit and the fat will come off from where it wants.
  • camschuckie
    camschuckie Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    When I lose weight I lose it in my stomach. my hips and butt sticks around ...but eventually it does slim down with time and I really believe that bike riding helps.
  • onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    Options
    Yep, pretty much the pear life.
  • ogmomma2012
    ogmomma2012 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Sounds beautiful! But if you don't like it, start some heavy lifting program with a little deficit.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,574 Member
    Options
    Genetics at work here. Lower your body fat some more and see how it goes. Then reassess once you reach goal.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • angelexperiment
    angelexperiment Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    I have two words jillian Michaels! 30 day shred or body revolution or there is a bikini one which I saw many had awesome results with. If you go in success stories you will see a girl and what a transformation! Its under body revolution jillian micheals I believe.
  • Lady_Grell
    Lady_Grell Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I always lose in my waist first, but my hips like to stick around a bit longer. I just keep at it and it does eventually leave the hips and thighs as well.
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    Genetics embrace. If you bulk your upper body it will possibly look more proportionate depending on your preference.