Do you get enough sleep?

Options
I know sleep need is an individual thing, depending on how busy you are during the day etc etc but I believe people should strive for at least 7 hours sleep! I feel my best when I get 8-9 hours

Replies

• 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    No
  • WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    Options
    I have to try really hard, but can get 6 to 7 with that effort regularly. On weekends I can maybe get 9 hours once which is the perfect amount of time for me.
  • BigLifter10
    BigLifter10 Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    Same here as far as best with 8 to 9 hrs sleep. Lately, it's been about 5 to 6 hrs. I can definitely feel it. If I could only relax enough to enjoy the time out!
  • skbrodie
    skbrodie Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I usually get around 7 but feel best with 9. I wish I was able to get more sleep.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    No. I have a bad habit of going to bed at a good time (10ish) and then reading until midnight or 1. I get up at 5:15.
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options
    5-6 here most of the time, for most of my working life I think.
  • bababs89
    bababs89 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I don't. I struggle to get 7 hours of sleep during the week. I'm working on getting to bed a little earlier on a regular basis.
  • marissafit06
    marissafit06 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    No, but I feel much better days I do
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    I do. It's really important for me health wise. I have a brain condition that is exasperated by lack of sleep. So it's a pretty big priority for me.
  • lindaloo1213
    lindaloo1213 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    HahahahA!!! Not even close to enough. I sleep 2-3 hours of BROKEN sleep m-f and then devent sleep the other two days. Im a night shift mom who only sleeps when my 2 year old naps and about a half hour before I have to wake my 6yo to take her to school.
  • bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    My sleep according to my FitBit... note, I have it so it shows my movement as awake time. I try, and fail, to get enough sleep and I know it's a severe hindrance to my weight loss. I'm going to bring it up to my doctor next time I see her because it's getting ridiculous. (side note: don't mind the time I went to sleep... was out with friends. This is completely normal sleep for me, though)

yfrcii6uc8fg.jpg
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Nope :tired_face: I went to sleep at 10 last night and was up at 3;30am this morning, Sunday bloody morning!! It really does suck getting up in the pitch darkness every day.
    I've read so many times that sleep is so important when trying to lose weight.. What about the people who are crappy sleepers, are they doomed to be overweight forever?
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,639 Member
    Options
    Lack of sleep usually has a big impact on fat loss. Why? Because sleeping and rest is when we use 100% fat for energy. Also HGH, a hormone responsible for fat regulation in the body, production is disrupted, it interferes with the efficiency of the fat burning process.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    My sleep is fine. I get about 7.5-8 hours.
  • shadowfax_c11
    shadowfax_c11 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    Yes. Sleep is a priority for me. I schedule it into my day. I usually get a minimum of 7.5 hours and usually 8.5-9. I average out at about 9 hours per night. Sleep is a very important part of keeping healthy. With enough of it you can more easily fight off illnesses and recover from injuries and hard workouts. It also helps to keep your brain functioning better during the day. It is hard for me to relate to people who insist on shorting themselves on sleep in order to do more stuff. Although I do understand insomnia. I used to suffer from it quite badly.
  • marmaladepixie
    marmaladepixie Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I try to get a good nights sleep, but it doesn't always happen. I get really bad migraines with paralysis, so i have a lot of motivation to sleep consistent hours. However, narcolepsy and ms give me pretty bad insomnia, plus. I fall asleep fast but wake up with dreams constantly.
  • Justygirl77
    Justygirl77 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    I know sleep need is an individual thing, depending on how busy you are during the day etc etc but I believe people should strive for at least 7 hours sleep! I feel my best when I get 8-9 hours
    Wearing a JawboneUP has helped me to see when I'm not getting it. I've not been! Totally counter-productive and I've actually made a change regarding that starting today! 7.5 hours was always my magic number.

• Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    I almost always get enough, 7 hours for me. I typically wake up before my alarm even goes off.
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    Most of the time. I like sleep.