Itchy

Options
When I first started MFP I noticed I was cold pretty often. Now I'm itchy. ALL the time. Is there a reason behind this? Perhaps a good one?

Replies

• Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    hmm, that's a mystery to me. If it's chronic, I'd see a doctor.
  • Tzavush
    Tzavush Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Many many things can cause itching. Nutritionally, anemia can be a cause. you may want to follow up to have your iron levels checked.
    Sometimes when we cut things out or change the way we eat we haven't quite figured out to get all the nutrients back in.
  • GrampsWooha
    GrampsWooha Posts: 184
    Options
    u need ur back scratched? fine fine.....ill do it
  • Kkmama
    Kkmama Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Did you take too much fat out of your diet? Moisturize your skin with a good cream may help too.
  • smuehlbauer
    smuehlbauer Posts: 1,041 Member
    Options
    I know that I'm itchy this time of year - but I live in Wisconsin so I'm still taking sceraming hot showers that dry out your skin.
    Lotion doesn't help?
  • 4jenniferk
    4jenniferk Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    That's funny and every thought I had was not mentionable!

I'm sure you will get more than a few takers for assisting with it but my suggestion might be to change your body wash. Perhaps it's due to the additional showering after increased workouts?
  • mskon
    mskon Posts: 64
    Options
    Gold Bond, Eucerin, Aquaphor... Nothing helps.
  • mskon
    mskon Posts: 64
    Options
    u need ur back scratched? fine fine.....ill do it

LOL, thanks hon!
  • inette5
    inette5 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    It could be something you are eating. I used to have really itchy skin and break out in hives randomly. I thought it was maybe the detergent or lotions or soaps I was using so I would change one product for a couple of months to see if it changed anything. I only saw a slight change. So then I started eliminating things from my diet and BINGO! I have learned that although I am not officially diagnosed by a doctor as gluten intolerant or sensitive to dairy, I have noticed that when I lessen those two items in my diet the itching goes away and I have not broken out in hives since February! These two items may not be what is making you itch. It could be something totally different but you may have to temporarily eliminate one thing at a time until you figure it out.