Giving up

Options
my name is Larry... I did great with MFP for 2 years.... The 4 or 5 friends I had fell by the wayside, lost all support and I think it has become too much. I was 420 pounds 3 years ago. Got down to 193.... Now up to 240 again and any support I had is gone and I do not know how to meet anyone thst could/would help.

Replies

• htg20
    htg20 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Well, in the end, you are all you've got. You have to find a way to motivate yourself, but this and other websites will always be here, so you aren't ever going to be totally alone. Internet support is good, but please reach out to those near to you as well.

Hey, relish in the fact that you've caught yourself before you put too much of the weight back on. I'm sure you still very clearly remember your struggle to lose over 200lbs and I know you don't want to go back there.

You might try taking a second to step back and take a look at what circumstances in your life have you feeling this way. Maybe that will give you some insight on what is going on.
  • twhitey25
    twhitey25 Posts: 10
    Options
    Don't give up sounds like you have come a far way get back to the point you felt the best find your self a spouse that will stick by your side and is into the same thing keep each other motivated. Find sports you like we're you can gain new friends. Do something just don't give up.
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    Sounds like an excuse to eat. You can't depend on other people to motivate you, support you, or make you happy. That's something you need to do for yourself. YOu're a grown man, you don't need babysitters to make sure you eat right and exercise.

You need to find your own motivation and your own reasons for losing weight, not just to please your accountabillabuddies.

You can do it, you did it before and you remember how you did it. You cut calories and you probably exercised. Get back to that.
  • cbradley903
    cbradley903 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Hang in there! You caught it and you now that MFP worked along with your eating right and workouts!! You can add me as a friend. I want to stay motivated and keep going. I have lost 40 and want to loose 40 more. I workout a lot and work at a local y so let's do this
  • larrytyrersr
    larrytyrersr Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thank you.... Sometimes you just need someone who knows the daily battle.
  • larrytyrersr
    Options
    twhitey25 wrote: »
    Don't give up sounds like you have come a far way get back to the point you felt the best find your self a spouse that will stick by your side and is into the same thing keep each other motivated. Find sports you like we're you can gain new friends. Do something just don't give up.

• larrytyrersr
    Options
    Thanks, I have a wonderful wife, but she has no struggle like mine.... Every person that replies truly helps me.
  • Cindie84
    Cindie84 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Keep pushing..we all hit rough patches along the way! Add me if you like, I love to motivate and be motivated!!
  • oneunfitdad
    oneunfitdad Posts: 911 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me i always try to help people improving themselves
  • Camarose79
    Camarose79 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Don't give up! So 240 is still way better than 420 right? So what so you've gone up a bit for now but don't give up because of that, as long as you're alive this will always be a struggle so just keep at it.