Adrenal Fatigue.

Options
Just reaching out to see if anyone can offer some support for this condition. Would love to chat and get some insight.

Understandably, I'm sure there are individuals here who don't believe this is a real thing, and that's cool. Please don't feel the need to tell me I'm wrong.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

L.

Replies

• marmaladepixie
    marmaladepixie Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    i have had this off and on. Some of my hormones were very low. My doctor had me increase my mineral intake with extra dark leafy greens, and adding in magnesium/vitamin D supplements. Don't go too low with the calories, and exercise should be things like yoga, walking, resistance, weights, until you are better. I had very low low cortisol and pregnenalone sp? along with several vitamin and mineral deficiencies. Chronic stress on top of that made everything worse
  • marmaladepixie
    marmaladepixie Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I also forgot to add that avoiding caffeine/ stimulants such as sedated, certain allergy meds is advisable as well
  • Fkkila
    Fkkila Posts: 1
    Options
  • Justygirl77
    Justygirl77 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    salad_bar wrote: »
    Just reaching out to see if anyone can offer some support for this condition. Would love to chat and get some insight.

Understandably, I'm sure there are individuals here who don't believe this is a real thing, and that's cool. Please don't feel the need to tell me I'm wrong.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

L.
    Here here! You can PM me!

• angelexperiment
    angelexperiment Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    Adrenal fatigue you should take the right vits and supplements for it specifically and it can take up to two years to recover. Research it is all I can say and a few years back I read an excellent article on it with all the recommended supplements from health magazine which is like a healthfood store magazine.
  • salad_bar
    salad_bar Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for your replies. I must admit it's a bit discouraging knowing it takes awhile to recover, but this has been a work in process for two years anyways. I'm taking the appropriate steps at the moment, relaxing as much as I can and starting with light exercise.

I also need to drastically improve my diet and eat for health.
  • overin2015
    overin2015 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I believe in this. Was told by a nutritionist that she thought I may have it as I show many of the clinical symptoms for it. Haven't been tested other than shown to be severely low in Glutathion, Vit D and magnesium. I have reduced my stress levels tremendously over the last year with God's help. Work to be grateful for what I have. I only do exercises that are really enjoyable to me like dancing, tennis, walking the dogs, etc. I take supplements too. I was told Vit C is VERY important to fighting this so I do take that as a supplement as well. Getting good sleep is also important and mending relationships that cause the stress. I personally believe bible study and accountability for life's pressures is also helpful for my mind/body reactions. I have found this time losing weight very peaceful and unlike anything I have tried before. I heard the 2 year thing too but remember that you are HEALING for 2 years as you work at it. That means everyday is getting better.
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options
    salad_bar wrote: »

You've been diagnosed by an endocrinologist, right? Are you taking Cortef or similar?

I have hypopituitarism, which is usually accompanied by adrenal issues. Mine are just fine for now--in fact, they are the only part of my metabolic system that seems to be working correctly. I am part of a FB group for my condition and most people there have adrenal issues, so I am vaguely familiar with them.