Water only challenge!!!

Options
2»

Replies

• xxConnie16
    xxConnie16 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    In my opinion, the rude and sarcastic comments are unnecessary. For some people, drinking only water IS a challenge! It use to be for me. Now I drink plenty of water everyday. I think, however, if you're going to do a "water only challenge" then make it just that. Water only, no coffee, no monsters, and no juices. If you rely on caffeine too much, that isn't good. Also, saying things like "How is this a challenge? I've been drinking only water for years!" is like saying "How is losing weight a challenge? I've always been skinny!" ... Switching from almost no pure water in your diet, to drinking only that is very much so a challenge. Especially giving up caffeine.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    glevinso wrote: »
    Beer is mostly water. Beer counts right?

beer is a "free" food...
  • xxConnie16
    xxConnie16 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I've been doing this for years, do I win the challenge?

Just to offer some encouragement, it's amazing how soon you don't even miss the other stuff you used to drink. Water is all your body needs to drink, cutting out other liquids sort of 'resets' your body back to craving what it's supposed to crave. For want of a more sciency answer. Coffee is great too, I love that. And the occasional diet coke if I'm in a drinking establishment.

Agree. I use to crave pop so badly. Then Capri Suns once I started drinking less pop. Now I almost never have cravings of any sort because I drink so much water.
  • jla2983
    jla2983 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I would like to join!!! About 4 months ago I was soda free, I literally only drank water with the occasional sparkling water to curb my soda craving. When I cut soda I lost 10 lbs within a month! Lately I have been drinking a soda daily or every other day and would like to cut it out again.
  • harpsdesire
    harpsdesire Posts: 190 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I only drink water and tea (hot and iced but no sugar) most days, unless I have an adult beverage in the evening.

It's not even something I do for weight loss... I don't like milk or coffee, and I just never buy or think of soda and juice. I actually do love juice though... and beer, and wine...
  • BicepsAndBows
    BicepsAndBows Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Water and coffee are the only things I ever drink, so I guess I've already been doing this challenge without even knowing it :)
  • BigGuy47
    BigGuy47 Posts: 1,768 Member
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    glevinso wrote: »
    Beer is mostly water. Beer counts right?

beer is a "free" food...
    I'm in.
  • debbudra808
    debbudra808 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    All I drink is water and two cups of coffee a day. This helps with my calorie count and I feel great!
    alecta337 wrote: »
    Hey guys,

I was just thinking... I think the only thing I drank today was water. I was wondering if anyone out there wants to join me in a water only challenge. The only thing you can drink is water. And I guess it would just be crazy to prevent people from drinking their caffeine if they need it. So challenge to only drink water + coffee (or whatever caffeine you consume).

Just wanted to know if anyone else was interested in this.. I'm starting tomorrow!!! Only water and Monster Absolute Zero for me! Lets see how long we can last!
  • softblondechick
    softblondechick Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    I am already there. I used to drink tons of Diet Coke, now, maybe one a week. My body craves water, and I make a water goal when I exercise, at least two quarts or more. Lifting, squats, I deliberately take water breaks.
  • Dianardh
    Dianardh Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I'm in!
  • Omaoffive
    Omaoffive Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Water is all I ever drink because I have hiatus hernia as well as pre diabetes, so all the good tasting stuff is out anyway.
  • lmmodzi
    lmmodzi Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Would love to try, I don't really drink water but have started challenging myself so this is good, I do like my lemon tea though on top of my water
  • caoimhearlise
    caoimhearlise Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm in!
  • syedumairtelecom
    syedumairtelecom Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I want to accept the changelle but i think i m late for it .