Quick and easy Vegan food ideas

Options
Today I had a pizza, second time this year( I know, shocking!). As a topping I had tomato sauce(I added basil and garlic to it), roasted aubergine, courgette/zucchini and red peppers with red onions, chopped fresh tomato and a basil leaf. I loved it! I made the pizza dough myself(call me chef lol)

Any quick vegan food/snacks are welcome :) I also love to cut a banana in 4-5 pieces, put honey on it and roll it in granola. Then I pop it into the fridge or freezer for like an hour or 2, and I have a great dessert!

Replies

• sclause
    sclause Posts: 86 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Oatmeal with apples agave and walnuts, takes about 5-10 minutes. I make big batches of food and freeze it in 2-3 portion containers so I can pull one out during the week and have a few pre made homemade dinners. I love making chili(1 can eachkidney beans, garbanzo beans and black beans, tomato sauce( depending on how think thin you want it, I like mine thick so usually 2 small cans) a bunch of carrots bell pepper snd celery chopped, about a half cup each... Garlic an a chopped onion. Then I add taco seasoning, chili powder cumin and cayenne pepper and black pepper. Sauté the veg first then add the other stuff and cook on low until everything is tender and the flavors have blended.)
  • JeopardyRight
    JeopardyRight Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    On day 2 of vegitarian lifestyle change. I cant do dairy because of lactose. Gonna lurk on this board and take notes.
  • sorbus33rowan
    sorbus33rowan Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Energy bites- Blend dates, oats, nuts and/or seeds and roll them into balls! Fruit and nut butter is another favourite of mine.
    Also honey most definatly is not vegan haha- it is made by bees. It's an extremly cruel industry not to metion really bad for the planet, also being pure sugar its not very healthy (unless youre a bee). Easy mistake to make though, I have to admit my 'first vegan meal' I made had honey mustard dressing- we all make mistakes.
  • danicristina2015
    danicristina2015 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Energy bites- Blend dates, oats, nuts and/or seeds and roll them into balls! Fruit and nut butter is another favourite of mine.
    Also honey most definatly is not vegan haha- it is made by bees. It's an extremly cruel industry not to metion really bad for the planet, also being pure sugar its not very healthy (unless youre a bee). Easy mistake to make though, I have to admit my 'first vegan meal' I made had honey mustard dressing- we all make mistakes.
    Yea I know it's not vegan but honey is the only non vegan food that I very rarely have lol :|

• Laurend224
    Laurend224 Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    Can of fat free refried beans mixed with a can of rotel tomatoes (spicy tomatoes and chilis) on flour tortillas, with lettuce tomato avocado.
    Salad topped with beans or premade veggie burger and dressing of choice.
    Bananas!
    I really can't think of much else that I make that is quick. I love to cook and am always in the kitchen.
    On occasion, I really love the Gardein products. I fed the 7 grain nuggets to my omni mother and she thought it was real chicken.
  • danicristina2015
    Options
    Laurend224 wrote: »
    Can of fat free refried beans mixed with a can of rotel tomatoes (spicy tomatoes and chilis) on flour tortillas, with lettuce tomato avocado.
    Salad topped with beans or premade veggie burger and dressing of choice.
    Bananas!
    I really can't think of much else that I make that is quick. I love to cook and am always in the kitchen.
    On occasion, I really love the Gardein products. I fed the 7 grain nuggets to my omni mother and she thought it was real chicken.

That sounds delicious! Thank you!
  • danicristina2015
    Options

And also great snack! I'm currently obsessed with dates
  • danicristina2015
    Options
    sclause wrote: »
    Oatmeal with apples agave and walnuts, takes about 5-10 minutes. I make big batches of food and freeze it in 2-3 portion containers so I can pull one out during the week and have a few pre made homemade dinners. I love making chili(1 can eachkidney beans, garbanzo beans and black beans, tomato sauce( depending on how think thin you want it, I like mine thick so usually 2 small cans) a bunch of carrots bell pepper snd celery chopped, about a half cup each... Garlic an a chopped onion. Then I add taco seasoning, chili powder cumin and cayenne pepper and black pepper. Sauté the veg first then add the other stuff and cook on low until everything is tender and the flavors have blended.)
    Thanks for sharing! Will give that a try!