OK LADIES ONLY

Options
Ok ladies, I was wandering what bras you recommend? I am a DD , looking for comfort and support. I need some lift, no sagging! lol I was going to order the genie bra from tv, until I read all the bad reviews on the internet. Thanks!

Replies

• chasekilgannon
    Options
    A... sports bra?

I just went with Target Championship brand. I don't have the money to go all out and if I keep working at my weight loss I can invest in a better one to contain my smaller bust. :)
  • Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Some of the Champion Powerback underwire sports bras are very good. I've never seen those at Target, but they are always at Sports Authority and other stores.

Moving Comfort makes a few really excellent sports bras as well, but they tend to run large in the band size, so keep that in mind if you order online.

Enell also makes good sports bras for larger cup sizes.
  • Meg2012
    Meg2012 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Autumskies, do NOT, I repeat DO NOT get a generic sports bra.

Larger busted women need support, stablization, most generic sports bras just wont cut it. You'll be sore, and the worst case scenario is stretched tendons from too much bounce.

If you can, find a running store and be fitted for one. Yes, it will be expensive, but it's so worth it to get the right fit the first time. After that, you can order more online.

You want a fabric that wicks sweat away, that cuts down on discomfort, and bacteria, not to mention chaffing. Ideally the straps should be wide without too much give. But you also need to be able to breathe, so don't just focus on strapping the "girls" down.

I have a really odd size, big chest, little rib cage, so I know your pain of finding a good sports bra, I'm ALWAYS on the lookout.

Generic shelf type sports bras are fine for C cup and under, but the bigger you are, the more important the support is. Trust me on this, spending $40-$60 on a bra is much less expensive than surgery to shorten the tendons of stretched out boobs!
  • nikkicarter13
    nikkicarter13 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I love moving comfort maia bras
  • sandyfeet10
    sandyfeet10 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    i just posted a topic about underboob sweat and people talked a lot about bras.....they said...

enell

frog bra

moving comfort

the frog bra and moving comfort were the most affordable, but enell seems to take the cake!
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    I'm DD and I only wear ENELL. IMO it's the best out there. You can search the forums there are many threads on this with lots of good suggestions.
  • lady95
    lady95 Posts: 46
    Options
    They're a little on the expensive side, but Layne Bryant's Cacique underwire bras work great for me. I'm a 44-D, and it lifts them pretty good while I'm walking, but I wouldn't recomend them for running.
  • ivyjbres
    ivyjbres Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    Ok ladies, I was wandering what bras you recommend? I am a DD , looking for comfort and support. I need some lift, no sagging! lol I was going to order the genie bra from tv, until I read all the bad reviews on the internet. Thanks!

I googled it, and there seem to be sites entirely bashing it, not one good thing to say, and other sites that aren't negative in the least. I think it comes down to personal style. A lot of the complaints are that its too thin or see through, which frankly, from the claims on its website, it should be. No one ever says its uncomfortable, just (on the bash sites) that its not supportive. On the sites that are happy about it, thats never mentioned. I did notice that on the bash sites, they keep saying how long it took for their order to arrive, but on the more testimonial sites, they mention it arriving in a few days. Probably what that means is that the genie bra is actually several different bras being sold and distributed under the same name. So depending on where you are, where you order from, and where your order is processed, you'll get very different results.

As far as quality an instant gratification goes, champion at target, danskin high impact at walmart, I think everlast might make one, you'd have to go to Academy or something similar on that one.
  • Autumnskies
    Autumnskies Posts: 16
    Options
    I went to Target last night since it's close to my house. I thought I'd try the Champion first. So far so good. Im going for a jog, I'll let you know if I still like it when I am done!
  • zeeeb
    zeeeb Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    2 bras is the way to go...

i just wear a cheap target / kmart type underwire sports bra, with a very snug non underwire crop top over the top... it works a treat, and it's the only time i've ever been happy with the support.

i can skip, jump, jog or whatever without much movement at all. it all feels very safely tucked away and doesn't impede my actions.

i tried skipping with only my sports bra on, and oh my god, it was ridiculous, i couldn't co-ordinate my movements because there were boobs going the opposite way to my feet.
  • Meg2012
    Options

i tried skipping with only my sports bra on, and oh my god, it was ridiculous, i couldn't co-ordinate my movements because there were boobs going the opposite way to my feet.

hahaha! Awesome!

I had a snug underwire under a shelfbra tank. Worked ok, but I still felt compelled to hold myself down mid jog.

I went to ****'s Sporting goods and tried on Under Armour, Reebok, Champion. Nothing worked. Either the band size fit, and I spilled out the top, or it held the right amount of mass just wasn't snug on the bottom or straps. (Can we agree plopping out is not too good either?)

Popped next door to Target and whaddayaknow? Not quite a 34G, but the Champion 36DD was stretchy enough in the cups, and snug enough around the ribcage with the hook & eye closure. And only $18.99, are you kidding me? Yeah, totally mine. I'll report on it tomorrow.
  • Meg2012
    Options
    Hahaha. The sporting goods store that's a short form of Richard's got censored.
  • musica814
    musica814 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Don't underestimate a good sports bra. I'm a 34G and until I can afford a good supportive sports bra I wear a snug underwire bra and then a regular sports bra over it. It's works well enough for now. Even at DD you need all the support you can get. I wouldn't recommend getting a generic bra from places like Target, Walmart etc. Not that there's anything wrong with them, but they tend to be more for smaller chested women. In case you haven't noticed it's really hard to find larger bust sizes with a small band size in regular stores lol. Anyway, when I purchase my sports bra I will most likely be going with Enell or Freya, as I've heard great things about both.