Ideal Protein

Options
i have started the Ideal Protein Diet and am really looking forward to it. I would appreciate any suggestions on the best tasting IP products.

Replies

• permilan
    permilan Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have been doing IP since 12/7 and have loss 18.2 lbs. very excited and this plan works! I like to search Pinterest for recipes ideas.
  • bonniejo
    bonniejo Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    I am not on ideal protein but my chiropractor shares an office and I try the free samples. Most of them I haven't liked, but the cookies and cream was alright
  • suzib123
    Options
    You can go to www.3fat chicks.com to find ways to enhance the various IP foods. The IP omlettes are good and filling when you add veges to them
  • kikityme
    kikityme Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    I find the trick is to add your 2 cups to the packet. For the mushroom soup, I'll add a cup of mushrooms and two stalks celery. For the potato, I'll add 2 c. of leeks. The vanilla drink powder is great in coffee.

I had to stop buying the triple chocolate wafers...they are sooooo damn good. But they're restricted and I couldn't control myself. :) Moved on to barbecue chips.

My question-I'm sure there is an IP group on here, but I can't find it? Can anyone post a link?
  • rhowil
    rhowil Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thank you all. I made it through the the first week. I'm a little disappointed that I only lost 3 lbs. i know what you're talking about kikityme with something being too good. I tried the lemon wafers. Oh my they are yummy. Anyway, thanks to your help, I think I chose some foods that I like this week.
  • kikityme
    Options
    Drink your water :) The bad breath phase has started for me, so this week should be good. New one to try, I did the banana waffles with the pudding...oh...so...good. I didn't use the syrup but apparently you can use the walden farms syrup. I've had sugar free syrup before, and let's just say it's not worth $8.

I don't know if your doc does, but mine lets me return packs I really hate and switch for something else. Then she has a big bucket of mismatched packs you can go through. It's a good way to try a few different ones.
  • rhowil
    rhowil Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I thought that I was doing well with the water but at the weigh in, the water in my body composition was down. I have increased it beyond the 64 this week. I purchased the WF syrup but haven't tried it yet. I really like eggs and egg whites for breakfast. So far, I like the IP foods I chose this week.
  • kikityme
    Options
    Curious what you picked? I think I could eat the pudding forever :-) but doesn't seem realistic so... Also really like the barbecue chips for snacks
  • bugnhop
    bugnhop Posts: 7
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I tried IP & lost 6 lbs.(almost 3 weeks) but I was starving all the time. I'm also gluten dairy egg free and found it almost impossible on IP. But I DID like the idea of it! My favorite was the raspberry jelly! I wish you success :)
  • kikityme
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Really...I'm never hungry, there are actually times at dinner I have to force the last of the meat down. My coach wouldn't have let me sign up, don't all the products have gluten or egg in them? I lost 6 the first week, and it looks like I will be the same this week. Mind you, I'm following strictly.
  • doyellow
    Options
    Hi, I just started on the 26th and at first it was really hard to curb my snacking! Oh my word, no wonder I never could lose weight, I was ALWAYS putting food in my mouth, so every time I wanted to snack on anything, I reached for herbal tea..my new best friend:) I even resorted to licking a few nacho chips for the taste but throwing away the chip the first few days!! LOL! Thanks for posting, glad to see so many other IP'ers out there:) looking forward to my first weigh in on saturday
  • doyellow
    Options
    Ps. Any IP'ers want to add me up I'm doyellow
  • csrideout
    Options
    Hey!! I've been on IP for 2 weeks now. Down 17lbs. The southwest cheese puffs are a fantastic snack! I could eat Leek soup all day for every meal too! Also the chicken a la king is great!
  • melyel222
    Options
    \
    kikityme wrote: »
    "I find the trick is to add your 2 cups to the packet. For the mushroom soup, I'll add a cup of mushrooms and two stalks celery. For the potato, I'll add 2 c. of leeks. The vanilla drink powder is great in coffee."

Hi all,

This is my second go around with IP, had success the first time but had to stop due to life things.

However, this go around has been a breeze even if I am only 7days in. The morning videos in my email are very motivating - can't wait to try the waffle this weekend.

I totally agree that adding your cooked veggies to the soups is the way to go - delish! I also agree that there are times when you have to force yourself to eat because you simply aren't hungry.
  • kikityme
    Options
    Seriously, come over to the facebook page, I only use mfp to log now, I found these forums less than helpful with what we're doing. :)
  • sopra1
    sopra1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just completed my first week on IP and lost 6 lbs. I have Celiac Disease so I cannot have the non-gluten free foods, but I found enough variety and felt great. So far making a waffle out of the vanilla pudding is my favorite. I just ordered some Walden Farm coffee creamer so I do not have to give up my morning coffee
  • Eetrinidad
    Eetrinidad Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi!!! I will be finishing up Week 7 on IP this Saturday. My official clinic WI is tomorrow but as of my own scale this morning I have gone from 168.4 lbs on 1.08.2015 to 143.7 lbs today. Before starting IP I was stressed out, depressed, had low self esteem and no confidence in myself. I was also a junk food junkie and a stress eater. Yes, I eat my emotions. But being on this program for as little time as I've been has already changed my whole perspective of food and coping with life's obstacles around.
  • Chris_B925
    Chris_B925 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I've been on ip since October and have lost 37 pounds. I have hypothyroidism so the weight loss has been slow but in losing. Also I'm happy to say I no longer an considered diabetic. Yeah!!! Always looking for ip friends.
  • sunbright95
    Options
    I went off plan, but have started back today. I am still down 12 pounds. I have about 16-20 pounds to lose. I'm glad I started back. This is the only thing that has worked for me. I have Addison's Disease, hypoglycemia, reactive hypoglycemia, and hypothyroidism. My numbers were great while I was on the program. I'm already trying to fight back the urge to snack!
  • btv007
    btv007 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi There! Fellow Ideal Protein fan right here. Went on it over a year ago and lost 25lbs but things came up and I never phased off properly so I gained it all back. Re-booted on March 4, 2015 and have lost 13lbs. I have come to My Fitness Pal to record my food intake (ensure that I am under 40g Net Crabs per day) and to make friends. Let's support one another. I'm still in Phase 1 and have 25lbs until goal. Let's do this!